Chapter 19

~~~~~~~~~

"You are becoming Adrianna again. You're merging." He said.

"Oh." I said, shocked and confused. "What will happen to me?"

"What do you mean? You're Adrianna!"

"No. What will happen to Anabelle?"

"I guess she'll still be there. I mean merging is blending. I don't think Adrianna will take over Anabelle completely."

I gave a sigh of relief. I didn't want to lose myself. It would be like dying. Even if it was becoming my original self.

~~~~~~~~~~

Family, Friends, Mates

~~~~~~~~~~~

(Octavia's POV)

Any magical branch that dared to rise to meet me got cut down instantly. But Aiden and I were still surrounded and there was no sign of any exit. 

I guess I would have to use that.

"Aiden. Keep them down." He nodded and changed.

I closed my eyes and concentrated. I could feel my aura gathering power again, glowing its deep red. 

I searched inside myself. The dark vault deep inside where I promised to never let her out. 

But she knew. She always knew. 

"Come back for help?" She said tauntingly.

"Hurry up. I know you always want to fight. Especially magical things."

"Hmm." Her smirk broke. 

She started pouring out her poisonous green power. And I let it take over. Not fully. But just enough. 

And I let it go. The blast took out the whole maze. Every green thing turned to dust, then to air.

Nothing was left in our path. 

Aiden stared at me, astonished, afraid.

"Let's go." I said, and headed for the tunnel ahead. 

~~~~~~~

(Ana's POV)

Octavia and Aiden came in running. Octavia had her sword drawn and Aiden was in wolf form. 

"Guys." I was surprised to see them. I had actually forgot about them following me from the secret side room off the throne room. 

"Ana! Are you all right? Has he hurt you?" Octavia asked. When Alex moved closer, she stood in front of me protectively with her sword to his throat.

"Whoa." He said. His hands up showing her that he showed no harm.

He tried to move closer again, but she kept her stance and said, "Stay back, Timekeeper."

Her words flowed with disgust. 

"You have it all wrong." I said, pushing in front of Octavia.

Sighing, I murmured, "Turn back." To Aiden.

~~~~~~~

I told them everything. Aiden almost lunged at Alex when I said he was my mate, but I put emphasis on the fact that he was Adrianna's mate.

Octavia nodded in silence.

Aiden sent me a look of concern when I mentioned that Alex told me that I was merging with Adrianna and that's why I could hear all of these random mumblings that Alex was saying in his head. That's how I knew we were dealing with a Timekeeper. 

I told them how Alex thought we were invaders of his lost mate's castle. And that's why he was attacking us. 

When I was done, Octavia spoke up.

"It's a sound story. And you're sure he's the same Alex that you remember?"

"Yes." I said. There's no other like him. Brown red hair, bright green eyes. And a playfulness that just made you want to laugh. 

"Okay. Then let's go home."

I could tell Aiden wanted to fight her on taking the man that attacked us home as an old friend, but he had no choice in the matter. He stomped off to tell the others we found what we were looking for.

Octavia just told him to stay away from the walls. Whatever that meant...

But now I had new problems to be concerned with. I was merging with myself?

I was also wondering what everyone in Avalon would think. The Timekeeper -- my second mate? It's never happened before. For a person to have two mates. My mother fell in love with someone who wasn't her mate, but she didn't ever have two mates.

I would need to contact her for this. But I've never contacted her before. She always came to me. How would I contact a ghost?

~~~~~~~

End of Chapter 19.