Chapter 15

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Battle Begins

~~~~~~~~~~~

"AIA!!!" I shouted, the name echoing back the way we came. The doors in front of me slowly opened. Aia looked as tired as I did, and with her bird on her shoulder.

"We need to talk."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Aia's POV)

After they retold the story to me, I wasn't really concerned or surprised. I had walked into other's dreams before, my mother's guidance leading me. She showed me these people's dreams because they were already prophecies.

These people were able to tell the future, and it only seemed like I was able to as well because I interpreted those dreams. The prophets had only thought the dreams were just that – dreams. But my mother and I knew that they weren't just dreams.

They were the tellings of someone's future.

At first my mother had showed me random people's futures. A girl who was all alone turning into a wolf. A wolf pack changed by meeting that same girl. Then it was a magical land turning into darkness. She showed me how futures change based on choices, later showing me that same land, but more peaceful and happy.

Then she started showing me my future. A great sorceress. Who she mostly wanted me to be. Until I met Ana, I didn't even know that all the futures she showed me were mine.

The girl being Ana, whom I met and later became my queen. The pack being Aiden and Ana's, our new residents. The land of Avalon, almost being destroyed from two men's desire for power and vengeance. Then Avalon as it was after we saved it.

She never, however, showed me this future.

"Ana's powers are different than mine." I said. "But we have walked the same waters."

"What do you mean?" Aiden asked, concern clear in his voice.

I turned to Ana. "What you have seen is only one possible future. It can change based on someone's choices. The only problem I can think of is if no one chooses differently. It's not just something that you can change because you aren't bringing death upon us. Also, you don't have a way to stop the timekeeper. Until you do, you can't decide to change our future. When you have a way to stop them, you can decide to use it, but if it doesn't work, then our future will stay the same."

"So all we have to do is find out what this timekeeper-thing is, how to stop it, and try stopping it. If that doesn't work, we're dead. Wonderful." Ana's sarcastic tone was laced with worry and sadness, but it seemed only I could tell because Aiden was frowning.

"Don't worry Ana, everything will be fine. We'll just take it one step at a time. And after step three, we can repeat until it works." The end of his last sentence was to lighten the mood, but both Ana and Octavia held their grim faces, while mine was plain.

"'Time is against us,' remember?" Ana said. Octavia bit her lip and turned away. "We don't have time to 'repeat.'" She finished.

Suddenly a piercing pain went through my head, and it seemed like everyone else's too.

"What is this?" Aiden yelled.

"It's happening! This is how he killed most of us before!" Octavia yelled back.

It stopped, if only for a second.

"He used our thoughts against us." I explained to them.

"Eri!" Ana and Aiden said at the same time. They stood and ran out of the room, worry in their eyes.

"Half of us were killed last time. Does that mean that this is the last blow?" Octavia asked.

"So time really is against us." I murmured.

"Can we do anything to slow this down? To figure out how to fight back?" Octavia asked.

"I'll do my best. You must go comfort everyone. And help Ana figure out a plan." She hurried out of the room.

"We're going to need one. The battle has begun."

~~~~~~~~~~~

End of Chapter 15. End of Part 2.