TABOO CHAPTER SIX

Noah

No matter how hard I try, I can't get her screams out of my head. I can't help but wish it could've been my dick that was making her come undone all night long. She looked so perfectly fucked this morning and even though I shouldn't care if she's with Levi, I fucking do.

I don't want to see anyone touching her and I sure as hell don't want to hear it. I'm still cleaning my house, with no sign of Levi for the entire day. I'm going to beat his ass when he finally shows his face around here. It was his party and somehow I end up doing all the clean-up.

My phone rings and I don't recognize the number, but I answer it anyway. "Noah. I'm in jail. Listen to me. I need you to find Kali and take her to the house until I get out. She's in trouble." Before he has a chance to say another word, I'm already out the door. I'm sitting in my truck before I realize that I have no idea where she lives.

"Where is she?"

"Corner of Oak and Chestnut. Her neighbor is a fuckin' ass and you have to get her out of there." The call is disconnected without any further information. I rush like an insane idiot to get to her house, only to get no answer when I knock on the door.

What in the fuck? "Kali, where in the fuck are you?"

I glance around trying to guess which house the asshole neighbor lives in, but there's honestly two options as I scan the area. This isn't the best neighborhood and I find myself frustrated that she'd live somewhere as unsafe as this.

Banging on the door one last time, I stand and wait for her to answer. She finally pulls the wooden door open and I don't say a word when she looks at me like she's had the worst day in her life. I open the screen door and step inside without waiting on her to invite me in. Her face is covered in tears and I try not to notice that she's only dressed in a t-shirt and tiny shorts.

"Why are you here, Noah?" Her words barely a whisper, yet full of sadness and exhaustion.

"Levi called me. He says you're not safe here..."

"I'll be fine. I'm not your concern." She interrupts me before I even have the chance to invite her to stay at my house until we get to the bottom of what's going on.

"I'll fucking decide when you're my concern." She slams the wooden door closed before she locks the deadbolts and walks out of the room. I do what I've always done when she gets this way in the past. I follow her. Pushing the door open, I catch her lifting her shirt over her head. Her tits are looking even better than I imagined and no matter how much I want to turn around, I can't. She has me locked and frozen in place just watching her, even though she has no idea I'm in here.

"Damnit, Noah. You can't just walk in here like that."

"Right. We always let the other one know when we've entered a bedroom. Should I remind you about last night?" I walk closer to her, knowing I'll never be able to touch her, but wanting to so fucking bad that I can almost taste her.

She pulls a tank top over her tits, without putting on a bra and that begins to fuck with my mind even more than seeing her naked did. Her nipples are hard, poking through the pink material and teasing me beyond belief. "We have to go get Levi."

"What is he in jail for? Maybe he needs a night in the slammer just to learn a lesson."

"He was protecting me. I have to get him out." She slides her arms through a jacket and pulls a pair of jeans over her shorts, no doubt opting to spare herself from me watching her naked ass while she moves around the room. A part of me is relieved about that, and the other part wants to grab her by the hair and tell her exactly what she should be doing with me in her bedroom.

She's off limits. Remember that, you asshole.

"I'll get him out. You don't need to be at the police station. She looks over at me almost frantic while I wait for her to fight me on this.

"I should go with you." She begins to rush around the room gathering a bag and brushing her long, damp hair.

"Sure as fuck didn't see the two of you hitting it off quite as hard as you have. Since when did you start liking Levi?" She stops mid stroke through her hair before she points it at me with a glare in her eye.

"You do not get to do this. I came to that party looking for you. You. Pushed me away." There's a quiver in her voice before she turns away to busy herself again.

"I know what I said. I still feel the same way as I did last night." She doesn't get to know what that truly means. I'll let her believe what I worked hard to make her see last night. No matter how tempted I am to walk over to her right now and pull her curvy body against me, I have to keep a distance.

"Let's get him out and then I'll leave you alone and never bother you again. I just don't have a car right now." She refuses to look at me and I don't force her to.

"What happened to your Jeep?"

"It broke down. Let's go. I don't want him there any longer than he has to be." She walks out of the room and opens the front door. I watch her lock three different deadbolts and that only adds to my list of questions that I'll have to ask before the night is over. "I see you still love your sports cars." She makes a quick comment before she opens the passenger door and slides in. I don't respond because she's right. It's my one vice in life. She doesn't need to know just how many I have stashed in my storage garage down town.

The rev of the engine breaks the awkward silence in the car and it isn't until I look over at her that I see her attention focused on the house next door. It takes me a second to see the weasel sitting on his porch just watching us. "Is that the fucker that Levi was talking about?"

"Please don't do anything. Let's just go get him out and try to forget this day ever happened." I choose to listen to her only because I don't want to even think about going to jail at the same time as Levi and her being left out here with some fucker, especially when I don't even know the full extent of what has happened.

I do as she requests and I drive us both to the police station. When we arrive, she seems nervous and no matter how strong my instincts are to protect her, I simply open her car door and wait for her to stand next to me.

I've asked a bail bondsman to meet me here and it's reassuring to see him already working with the officers when we walk in. "He'll need to be present for his court date in two weeks." It's quickly obvious that Levi won't simply be getting a slap on the hand over what has happened and I'll have to find out what in the hell went on tonight. One look at Kali and I can see regret written all over her face as she takes in what's being said.

She stops a tear from falling down her cheek and I feel a twinge inside my chest that reminds me of the way I felt when I tried to protect her all those years ago. I know I shouldn't want to kill someone for her hurting like she seems to be, but apparently it's in my nature and something I'm never going to stop doing.

To read more of this story... Check it out on Radish! It'll be releasing a chapter a week over there! <3