TABOO CHAPTER FOUR

Kali

I should've known not to go over there last night. I miss him. He was my person. He was the one I went to when my life got complicated and he always knew what to say. It's been years since I've seen him and I just wanted to make sure he was all right. I mean I've heard he's very successful, and by the looks of his house, he's doing well for himself, but I needed to see it for myself. Maybe I had some slight hope he would be happy to see me. Hell, maybe even missing me too.

The revenge sex was probably uncalled for, but I didn't want to go home alone after the shit I saw him do last night. He obviously has no respect for me and doesn't want me in his life. Levi just happened to be saying goodbye to the last guest from the party last night when I walked out of Noah's room. His arms felt nice. He made me feel like I was the sexiest woman alive and honestly for a moment, I believed him. He rocked my world with those position changes all night long. I feel like I've been fucked thoroughly. It's been a while since that's happened and it was long overdue, yet I feel like shit for doing it.

What's Noah's deal? He was so disgusted by me being there this morning that he got pissed at Levi for even touching me.

Stopping at a red light, I catch a glimpse of myself in the rear view. Nothing like the drive of shame in an open Jeep. I glance over and see the guy in the car next to me looking me up and down. I don't get a very good look at him because he starts to roll down his window and tries to talk to me.

"Hey." I try to ignore him, but he knows I can hear him without the top on.

"Hey, I'm talking to you." I turn up the radio in hopes of drowning out his voice just as the light turns green. We both move forward and he starts to pace me. I speed up in hopes of losing him, but he does the same. The next light is red too, so we have to stop again. He's a determined asshole.

"Bitch, I'm talking to you." He's getting louder. The song ends just as he begins to yell again.

"Look at me or I'm gonna teach you how to look at me when I fuck you again."

I slide on my sunglasses and try to hide the fact that my heart is racing out of control and my skin is crawling in dark memories. I know that voice now.

The light turns green and I slam on the gas pedal. Knowing he'll follow my actions, I hit the brakes quickly, making a quick left turn without slowing down very much. My Jeep begins to feel a little light on the left side as I make the turn and I immediately regret making this decision.

Time begins to stand still as my world starts to tumble. I'm trying to hold the wheel as the Jeep begins to slide. I'm jerked all to hell when I hit something and the Jeep topples over and over until it finally comes to a stop on the driver's side.

Reaching for my phone in the back pocket of my jeans, I pray to God that he doesn't try to get me. I unlatch my seatbelt and fall into the door, trembling as I try to think about where I am. I can't feel any pain through my heart racing as I hit redial on the last number called.

Levi

"You miss me already?"

"Levi, I need you. Please hurry."

"Where are you?"

"Corner of First and Oak Tree."

"Are you hurt?"

"I don't think so. He's after me. I wrecked my Jeep."