TABOO CHAPTER SEVEN

Kali

This day is never going to end. Being inside this place again just reminds me of the hell that asshole has gotten away with all these times. It makes me crazy to think he's turning this all around now and playing the victim when I've tried to get him taken in for being the creep he is and he always seems to slip through the system, no matter how many times I turn him in.

I'm to the point now that I have no faith that justice will ever be served unless something accidentally happens to him when he tries to come into my house again. If that's what it takes to make this end, then that's what I'll do.

I hate that Levi and Noah are now involved. The last thing I wanted was for Noah to find out and start trying to help when he's made it very clear how he feels about me. I can't handle him dipping in and out of my life and if he thinks I'm in danger, that's exactly what he'll try to do.

"Please wait in the lobby and we'll process his release." The young officer seems helpful now that there's two men here with me. It's amazing how different things are when you come with friends.

Noah pulls the bondsman to the side and they both talk quietly so I can't hear. I sit and take in everything that's happened today and wish like hell I could go back to yesterday and never go to that party. It appears to be the turning point that made everything in my life complete chaos.

"Alright, get me the fuck out of here." I stand the second I hear Levi's voice. He looks at me instantly and the grin on his face may be misplaced in this situation, but holy shit I needed it. He walks over and wraps me up in his arms. His warmth is exactly what I needed and I don't even look to see if this is pissing off Noah. He can get over himself. This isn't about him.

"Hey baby girl. I fuckin missed you." Levi's voice rumbles next to my ear and I can finally breathe knowing he's out.

"This is all my fault. I shouldn't have called you."

"Stop that shit right now. I'd do it all over again this very second if that fucker was in this lobby."

"Please just take me home." I know he would, that's the problem. I don't want him to have to fight my battles.

"Not on your fucking life. You're staying with me tonight." He takes me by the hand and guides me out the door. "Here, let's talk out here. That place makes me fuckin' claustrophobic."

"I can't stay with you. Noah would kill us."

"He'll have to get the fuck over it, because you're not staying in that damn house so that asshole can just walk right over and get you anytime he wants. You'll never stay there alone again and I'll make fuckin' sure of it if it's the last thing I do." He starts pacing in front of me, running his hands through his messy hair while I listen to everything he says knowing he has a point, but the thought of dealing with Noah constantly makes my insides twist into a knot.

"Maybe I should just get a hotel room..." He interrupts me before I have a chance to continue.

"No. It'll be fine. Just let me handle it." Without giving me a chance to argue, he walks toward Noah as he exits through the glass doors. I don't have the heart to go near them, I can't stand the thought of listening to Noah deny him when he asks to let me stay at his house. He made it very clear last night and this morning that he did not want me there. I don't expect him to change his mind now.

I look around and it's already getting dark, but the urge for me to flight is overwhelming. I hate waiting on yet another disappointing denial from Noah and instead of doing just that, I start walking while the two of them talk. I can tell it's not going well by the way they're both animated in their responses. Fuck Noah.

I don't want his help. I don't need his help. And the last thing I'll ever do is let him think I'm a helpless charity case that he needs to save.

I'm almost two blocks away before I hear the roar of his car engine. Just like I expected, they drive by slow looking for me. Hiding in a doorway was the only way for me to stay out of their sight. I can still see the back end of Noah's car when my phone rings.

"Where the fuck are you?" Levi sounds angry.

"I'll be fine."

"That's not what I asked you. Where are you?" The car continues down the road, so I step out of the door way only to come face to face with Noah.

"Nice try Kali. Levi, back track about a block. We'll be waiting." I hang up and walk with a heavy step away from him. He doesn't get to hate me and want to save me at the same time.

"Since when do you track people on foot?"

"Since Levi stole my car and told me to find your ass." It's obvious he's frustrated by his rude tone.

"Look. I don't want to inconvenience you any further. Just take me home and you'll never see me again."

"Sounds like a perfect plan, but Levi tells me I need to hear some shit that will change my mind. So, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and told him we can take this conversation to the house. You can stay tonight. That'll give you a chance to figure your shit out." He walks past me and I can't tell if he wants to dismiss me or scream at me.

When Levi pulls up, Noah walks with a determined stride straight to the driver's door. "Get the fuck out of my car and if you do that shit again, I'll kill your ass." Levi steps out and gives me a glare that's telling me he's not happy with my little stunt. I ignore him and take the back seat, feeling defeat from this terrible day wash all over me.

I just want to go to bed and forget everything that's happened today.

It only gets hotter from here!