Twelve : The Other F Word

"You look handsome, love." Ms. Rose reassured me as I walked down the stairs to the kitchen with everyone.

I smiled, and slipped my hands in my pockets, "Thanks.."

Ms. Rose then looked at me from head to toe, "Those black jeans, seem a little tight." She noted.

I looked down at my jeans, they look fine. "They're okay." I smiled.

"Hey Rose!" Calum waved his hand, "On the bright side he isn't wearing a t-shirt." He shrugged.

"I would've worn a t-shirt." Michael scoffed at the dinner table next to Calum. "Cause I don't change for any girl, I'm punk rock."

Luke laughed, "Oh please! You'll be the first one to wear a suit for a girl, you fucking hopeless romantic."

Everyone laughed, including Ms. Rose, even though she gave Luke a serious look for swearing. "I think it's great you boys are so sensitive when it comes to woman." Ms. Rose smiled as she continued to chop up broccoli. "Even you Mikey."

Michaels face turned into a light shade of pink, he smiled and rolled his eyes. Everyone knew Ms. Rose was right.

Then Ms. Rose wiped her hands on her Black Sabbath t-shirt and looked at the time on the stove, "Ashton, you're going to be late!" She smiled and walked over to me. "Are you sure you don't need a ride?" She asked as she fixed my magenta button down shirt.

"I'll be fine." I smiled and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks anyways."

---

Am I at the right house? I looked down at the address and examined the numbers on the paper and at the house. Well I guess so. The house was luxurious. Her lawn was a healthy shade of green and there was a walkway that led up a few steps onto the front porch. It was getting dark out, so the front porch lights were on giving the house a feeling of calmness. I didn't think Bonnie lived in a neighborhood so fancy, she doesn't seem the type. I mean she wears jeans and t-shirts all the time and talks about taking naps for 3 days.

I walked to the front door and rang the bell. Moments later the door opens revealing a little girl in a tutu.

"Hi." I smile down at her, holding my glasses so they don't fall, "Is Bonnie here?"

"Yeah!" She smiled widely.

"Well can you go get her, please?"

"Are you her boyfriend?" She asks.

I moved my hair out my face and chuckled, "No. We're just-"

"What's that on your face?" She interrupts.

My face? I touch the side of my cheek where she signaled. Wow thats my acne, kids have no restrictions do they? "That's just my skin." I tell her, "Can you please tell-"

"Bonnie has that too!" She interrupts again, "But they're on her back, they look like chicken pox! And she-"

"Okay, Frida!" Bonnie comes to the front door and covers Fridas mouth, "Sorry about this little booger!" She apologised as her sister struggles to get free. Bonnie then let's go of Frida and she runs up the shiny wooden strairs. "Come in!" She smiles and pulls me inside.

Bonnie's parents weren't home yet; so it was just me, Bonnie, and her seven year old sister Frida. The house was extravagant, a place where a movie star would live in. The living room was neat and tidy and it had brown leather sofas. She gave me a quick tour of the bottom floor, every room seemed to be the same; tidy and neat. This is too clean, do people even live here?

They had a painting on every wall. I guess they collect art. Bonnie continued to ramble on about her parents never being home. I wasn't really paying attention to be honest. I was busy trying to keep myself sane knowing that I'm going to meet her parents in a hour.