Emotions

(This chapter mentions some spoilers for the finale. and i know the finale hasn't came out yet, i watched it at paleyfest.)

Shaun unexpectedly hugs me, 'I love you, Y/N.' he batters his eyelashes at the start of my jawline then kisses it. 'I love you too, Shaun.' 'I love you more.' 

He pulls away from the hug slowly. 'I found my scalpel, i didn't leave it in my patient, it was in my backpack the whole time!' he smiled, his dimples deep. It was not a fake smile like he had been pulling whenever he saw me upset, this one was pure happiness which is what he deserves. 'That's funny, good job finding it babe.' i ruffle his hair and smile, he opens his eyes looking directly into mine, he kept shifting his weight on his right foot then left nervously. He started deeply pushing his thumb into my arm like he did his scalpel. It was no lie that Shaun was touchy and clingy when it came to me, it shocks and adores everybody around us.

His hands traveled from my very lower back to my face, he firmly presses his lips on mine, he held himself no longer firm but relaxed, i try to move my hand back to his waist but feel his hand pull it back into his hair immediately, i ruffle it again then start playing with it, i feel him grin against my lips. He pulls away, letting us catch our breath. 'Please.. never.. leave me.' he says slowly before pressing his lips together tasting them. 'I will never leave you, Shaun.' he kisses me again, but for a shorter time then the last. 'Dr. Glassman is going to live, and the other Doctors want to go drinking with them but i dont want to.' i laugh a bit, 'Shaun, you dont have to.' he nods his head.

He pulls his backpack off his shoulders and pulls out a notebook that i gave him. 'I want you to be my girlfriend so i write pros and cons of having you as mine.' he tilted his head sideways a bit, i gently grab the book from him.

Pros.

You make me happy.

You are very smart.

You are very very beautiful.

You smell good.

You accept me.

I can invite you to eat pancakes with me and Dr. Glassman on Mondays.

You dont like cuddling too much.

It's not against the rules for us to date, Claire had me check that.

I like your hugs.

The whole page was filled with pros, next to the label pros was cons.

Cons

I will miss you very much when i do surgery.

I cant think of any more, please be my girlfriend.

I smile and put the notebook down, 'I'd love to be your girlfriend.' he smiles and does a cheering motion with his hand. Shaun kisses me again, we pull apart as i rest my head on his chest, him holding me. 

-

The next morning, Shaun went to work with Y/N and gushed about her to his other co-workers, everybody was proud of him. He even started planning out road trips with you.