Chapter 7 - Newfound Powers

"Wait! You will never believe what just happened!" I called after the trio, slightly out of breath as I'd ran all the way there.

They looked at me quizzically but shrugging, Emma led us up to her room. There was a glass of water sitting on her desk so after everyone was seated, I moved my hand upwards in the same motion I had back at the mall. Instantly, the water began to turn to jelly right before their eyes, the liquid slightly murky in the cup.

"I don't even know how it's possible..." I admitted, moving my fingers as if I were using the Force.

Emma and Rikki looked on in utter shock before Cleo grinned over at me.

"I have a surprise, too," she said just as I put my hand down.

Before the jelly could turn back into water, Cleo had raised her hand and it began to move, liquefying before moving up, up, up out of the glass, almost tentacle-like. I gaped over at it.

"Where's the extra water coming from?" Rikki asked from her perch beside Emma on the bed.

"I don't know," she confessed as her hand fell back to her lap, letting the water "tentacle" fall from the glass.

Emma put up her hand instinctively and suddenly, the water froze mid-air.

"What in the world?!" I choked out, my dark brown eyes widening.

We all shared a shocked glance before Rikki smiled, "Okay, this is over the top. I'm getting tingles now,"

Emma tested it out again then, freezing a plant in the room. That's all it took before Rikki began to move her hands, even trying the Spider-man web-slinging pose but to no avail. Nothing happened.

"Not fair! Why don't I get to do the cool stuff?" she complained, frowning.

"I don't think 'cool' is the word. It's scary," I explained solemnly before chuckling, "But you should have seen the look on Zane's face,"

Rikki and I shared an amused grin before Emma interrupted.

"This isn't funny. We've gotta keep this a secret. From everyone," she told us in an admonishing tone, "We could end up dissected or in the circus or something,"

"So this secret... It's just between the four of us?" Cleo asked slowly.

"Our secret. Our responsibility," Emma nodded, clarifying, "Whatever happens, we're in this together,"

"Doesn't mean we're married, does it?" Rikki quipped, making a face.

And surprisingly, a smile broke out across Emma's usually stoic face.

"Now that was actually funny." she admitted, making Rikki smile, too.

Tails or no tails, I think this was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.