Fins: XChapter 18X

Chapter Eighteen

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

          I woke the next morning, unsure of the day ahead. I spent the rest of last night in some sort of trance. The words of Aridenna have scared me like nothing has scared me before. I feel like none of this is fare. No one in a place like I am would think this is fare. Heck, no one, no matter their place, would think this kind of situation would be fare for anyone to have to endure.

          Enduring this is like trying to endure hell. It’s impossible. It was made to be the worst with no escape, and this is how I feel right now. Aridenna has successfully made my life a living hell. There is no escaping her torture.

          She had accessed a private order of food. She put a hand written note in my bag. She felt closer to getting me than she ever had before, and unfortunately, I had a feeling that this was only the beginning. She was going to continue to get at me, slowly. Witling away all my sense of what is safe and holy in this world. That was her plan, and she had already started putting it in action.

          I lied in my bed, just staring at the ceiling. I didn’t feel like getting up to face the day. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath. I had to ready myself for the disaster that was inevitably coming my way. I looked at my phone, and it came over to me. I checked it and saw I had a few missed texts and quickly opened them up.

          There was an accumulation of messages form Clover and Sapphire. I realized that I hadn’t really talked to them much yesterday. Sapphire’s messages were normal, but Clover’s had a hint of nervousness and fear in them. She seemed worried.

          I let myself chuckle. Clover was so sweet. She was always making sure I am okay, even if there was reason to be sad in the first place. I sent her a quick “Hey what’s up” before climbing out of bed. I slinked my way into the bathroom. I turned on the tub and let hot water stream in with steamy bliss.

          I grabbed my special bath salts and dumped in a little extra before stripping and climbing in. I slowly lowered myself in the water, letting the heat wrap around me in a comfortable pace. Once my body was fully submerged, I relaxed my tense shoulders and closed my eyes. As I took deep breaths, the smell of the salt slowly made its way to my nose.

          I eagerly accepted this scent, I breathed in even deeper. It was these simple things that kept me going. This was the amount of water time I was ever going to get now unless I had a death wish. I started to imagine swimming in the sea like I once had, with the cool water surrounding me. A smile crept across my face. The water always made me happier, no matter the circumstances. That was something Aridenna couldn’t take away from me.

          Suddenly, her face flashed in my mind. I opened my eyes quickly, letting out a breath. Even in my bliss, she had to invade me. It was the inevitable reminder that she had control over me. No matter what I did, she influenced it in some way, and there was nothing I could do about it. that kind of power is what she thrived on. Just as I closed my eyes, my phone buzzed, startling me. It was Clover. “Hey. What is going on with you? I haven’t heard anything lately.” I knew she must be worried, but I just didn’t feel like constantly bugging her with my problems.

          I quickly sent her a reassuring message and returned to my blissful state. It didn’t last for long though because my bliss soon turned into me longing to make it back to the sea. It was torture being away this long. My fins haven’t had a chance to stretch out for a while and I was beginning to feel the side effects. I lifted myself out of the tub, drying off my tail.