CHAPTER ☾5☽ the greyshore welcoming

[A/N: i might not update again for a week to catch up on writing plus i haven't gotten as much feedback on the story as i would've liked so I'm waiting for more of that as well]

CHAPTER 5 the greyshore welcoming

CHAPTER ☾5☽ the greyshore welcoming

. • . ☆ . • .
D O V E

I must've dozed off at some point during our trip because, when I woke up, we were in a totally new part of the place that Cage called Seattle. Through the window, I could see we were passing black gates and driving down a rocky path to his home. Even though the sun had set already, I could see the tall building in all its glory, the light from inside shining through its many windows, and the greenery that decorated its wall which made it look like some mystical, woodland mansion.

Cage drove around the circular driveway and parked right in front of the front door. As soon as he shifted into a park, the front door opened, and a younger looking Cage appeared. I was a little mesmerized and didn't notice that Cage had gotten out of the car until he was opening my door. He undid my seatbelt for me and took my hand, supporting me as I walked for the first time in hours. I was very thankful to be out of the car and I was pleasantly surprised that we hadn't died in that weapon of mass destruction disguised as an everyday commodity.

It was relatively quiet outside besides the soft hush of the blowing leaves in the trees and chirping crickets. I looked down to his hand, the one that was holding mine, and noticed how strong his grip was. "He's threatened to pull out of the deal. I told him to wait to talk to you but he's getting antsier by the moment." The younger man spoke, his hair dark brown like Cage's but skin paler.

"I need more leverage, Cassius. We need his connections to the east side." As he spoke, I felt all the negative energy flowing through Cage. I wasn't sure what they were talking about or felt it was the time to but in and ask but I did feel the urge to do something else. I moved my fingers, intertwining mine with him, causing him to suddenly look down at me. I kept my face calm and I watched some of the frustration in his eyes slip away.

"None of his friends will be happy that Fletcher is gone. Without him, they don't think they'll be able to get another connection to the council."

Something clicked inside of him, causing Cage to say, "I've got an idea," He moved forward, and the younger man followed us back up the steps toward the front door. It was warmer and lighter inside which I was grateful for. The ceilings were tall, the floor a smooth, dark wood and I was met with immediately met with a rustic and welcoming feeling. He had his entire plan figured out until I guess he realized he had left me out of it. "And you're gonna stay with Dove, Cassius."

"What? I wanna sit in-" The younger man named Cassius didn't seem to thrilled about Cage's idea. He cut himself off when he was met with Cage's intense glare.