CHAPTER ☾2☽ the mating ceremony

CHAPTER 2 the mating ceremony

CHAPTER ☾2☽ the mating ceremony

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

. • . ☆ . • .
D O V E

I didn't attend my lessons today. I knew they'd know where to find me but, since no one bothered to check on me, I figured that they were all too busy to care. It's so peaceful out in the meadow that I'd fell asleep there many times. Bea insists on me sleeping in a bed but I still like it more than sleeping in that room with two other girls. Some of the girls are nice but most of them had been here all their lives and they see me as a weird outsider. I don't blame them though, I can never wrap my head around most of the things that happen here.

Most of the classes are more boring than the other. I know the Moon Goddess better than anyone, I don't need to relearn our history. The only ones I like are art related but, even then, they basically control all your imagination. We have strict painting assignments and we can't dance to anything that's not classical.

There's a ceremony tonight, this would be the first one that I'd actually be attending. I'd heard different things from the other girls like how fun it is but also how nervous they were. Basically, we try to impress the Alphas and Lunas that want to pick us from the bunch so we can have their babies for them. The Gaea's make it seem magical and I suppose it is.

Supposedly, the costumes are immaculate so that's the main part I have to look forward to. All we ever get to wear are these stupid, sometimes itchy, plaid uniforms. Gaea Victoria always tries to remind me of how lucky I am not to be a "little wilding" anymore. I don't know why the people here are so ashamed of that wild side since we were half beast anyways. I do miss the wild, most of the time, but I like certain things of "modern" time including playing dress up.

I was cloud watching, nothing unusual for me, except for the fact that fifteen minutes in, all my clouds were being blocked by a giant shadow. The shadow was actually a person. I remembered Mr. Maddox from a few days ago but I don't remember him making a good window . . . probably because he's a better door.

I blocked the sun from my eyes as I sat up to get a better look at the man. He was broad, certainly built like an Alpha – if not even more than the ones I had seen around here. "Hi," I greeted him. That's what all my etiquette classes have taught me. "One of the Gaeas didn't send you, did they? Because I'm not going back."

"No, of course not," He squats down to get more on my level. "But Gaea Beatrice did tell me that this was your favorite place to be. She said you come out here all the time . . . even though you're not meant to. I don't blame you though."

I raised an eyebrow because I had never heard anyone else that's said that before. "Really?" All the other girls and Gaeas thought I was crazy for wanting to spend time out here. Some girls take their Rhea duties very seriously as if it will help them get "adopted" faster.

"Really," He answers, taking a seat beside me. "This is the last place that you're going to learn how to be a good Luna or whatever. They teach you to be walking and breathing incubators and that's pretty much it."