two

It didn't take me long to notice, as I walked into the class, that he wasn't there. 

I slowly made my way to Ella, sitting down on the desk next to hers and putting my notepad on it.

"I asked around about him" she said, making me turn to her with a confused look.

"Who?" I asked lightly, even though I had the feeling I knew who she was talking about.

She pointed at the door. "Him."

I looked in that direction, and I saw Harry walk in, a careless look on his face as he looked straight ahead, books in one hand. He was wearing black jeans and a white shirt, looking way better than anyone would be supposed to look wearing as simple clothes as he was. He brushed his dark hair out of his face and sat down on his desk in a swift move.

"Oh." I averted my gaze from him, my finger subconsciously playing with the paper corner of my notepad.

"There's no reason to even try with him" she added, ignoring my apparent disinterest, "He doesn't talk to people who aren't from his circle."

"Is that so? Why?" I asked curiously at the new information.

She shrugged. "Probably he doesn't consider us relevant enough to waste even a second on us. Kind of a bitch move, if you ask me."

"I see." I opened my notepad, the pen in my hand, and I started sketching some flowers on the corner absentmindedly.

She shifted in her seat. "Do you think they're together?" She asked all of a sudden.

"Who?" I replied, and she motioned to where Harry was sitting.

Next to him there was his blue eyes friend, without any book of course, his hand on his forearm as he told him something. He wasn't looking at him, but to the light coloured desk with an attentive stare.

I looked at Ella again. "Uh, I don't think he swings that way."

"You sure? They seem pretty intimate though" she said, and I frowned, looking again.

The blue eyed boy had moved closer to him, and he seemed to be whispering something into his ear. Harry turned his head to look at him, not intimidated by the closeness. His friend sat back on his chair, a winning smile on his lips at whatever they were talking about, Harry's face hidden from me as he was looking in the opposite direction from me.

"I have no idea" I replied, giving them one last tentative glance right as the teacher walked in.

• • •

At the end of the class I took my books, following Ella out of the room, a few feet away from her since that she had rushed out as soon as it had ended not to be late to the next one. Teacher's pet.

"I heard Luke from English wants to go out with you."

I rolled my eyes at the words of the boy behind me. If Luke from English wants to ask someone out, he could at least commit and do it himself.

"Is that so?" A deep, raspy voice replied, and my eyes widened as I recognised it.

"He's pretty hot, you should do it. And by "it" I mean "him" of course" his friend said. Did he have an Irish accent?

"What makes you think I'm even remotely interested in that?" Harry replied, a hint of amusement in his voice.

"Because he's hot? Besides, do you really want to keep wasting time with that Janette girl?"

"I don't want to go out with someone just because they're good looking, Niall. Besides, you know I don't like this kind of thing. Tell your friend I'm not interested" Harry said, "Janette?"