10

I know I've been ripping your guys' hearts apart so here's a little fresh breath of slight fluff.

---

Without a moment to lose, Irene pounced towards Seulgi and before the poor girl could even react, she was in a supported embrace. The furious bunny pushed the hair out of the way and gripped one hand on Seulgi's shoulder and the other on the back of her neck.

It would be cliché to say there were butterflies in her stomach or she felt like melting or something along those lines, but that's what it was. The position made her knees grow weak and her heart skip a beat.

"What is this? Who did this?" Irene asked, Seulgi attempting to gently push the clingy one off - despite the tingling warmth in her body - but there was no budge.

"It's n-nothing."

"Nothing? Nothing? It's fucking purple and bruised!" The brunette's eyes wandered about the area in fury confusion as she noticed the little bite marks.

"Why are there teeth markings? Who did this to you?!" Irene raised her voice lividly causing Seulgi to jerk slightly.

With no warning, Irene harshly rubbed her hand to remove the makeup but Seulgi jumped back in wincing agony as tears stung her eyes from the pain. She gritted her teeth to ease the pain. She wasn't going to let them escape in front of Irene. Not today.

"Seulgi-" 

"I s-said it's nothing." 

Irene slowly made her way back to Seulgi however the bear took off the bunny's hands to only flinch back from the wrist burns and grip them out of reflex.

"Seulgi.." Irene tenderly whispered and gently grabbed her arms to avoid all contact.

The shorter one's eyes travelled to Seulgi's concealed face but the unnoticed red markings on her cheek were like a shining spotlight to Irene.

"Seulgi, what happened to your face?" Irene asked the girl who suddenly began to tremble in confusion.

"W-What? What m-markings?" 

The turn towards the mirror broke Irene's comfort and revealed the puffy cheeks with all effort to aid it. Seulgi studied herself in shock as Irene did the same. She was so busy with her assaulted neck, she hadn't taken note of the other areas. Now with its presence, Seulgi felt the stinging pain that seeped in as if her brain decided to flip a 'notice me' switch.

"Who's doing this to you?" Irene's tone was so soft compared to a few seconds ago and it slightly frightened Seulgi.

"I told y-you nothing. I-I was fooling around with my f-friends and they accidentally bit me."

Irene did not look convinced, "What type of friends do you have?! I can see the teeth but no bite causes whatever the hell this is." 

As the 'master' continued to examine the blemish, it only just delivered to Seulgi's mind of how close Irene was standing. Her vanilla scent lingering about like seducing toxicity. The exposing dress that Seulgi had picked out was not helping. The assistant suddenly grew stiff as the warm embrace of Irene told her it's okay. It's okay. Everything will be fine.

But it wouldn't be. She knew it. The horrific events that nobody knew about. The exhaustion and pain she pushed herself through for a pathetic amount of money. A dark labyrinth that never ended as it always looped back to the start. The pessimistic thoughts brought the common tears to her eyes and she internally screamed at her brain to not dare release them. Surroundings soon became cold after the plead.