Part 12

What would she mean by "my intentions"? Does she not see that I am falling head over heels for her? She makes me want to change my bad ways for the better. Lacey is the most beautiful human being I have ever lay my eyes on. She makes my heart beat a million miles a minute just by looking at me.
"Jace?"
I ran my hand through my messy hair.
"I only have the best intentions for you, Lace."
She gave me a look in disbelief. I know she's never heard such a thing about her. I looked in her beautiful eyes. "I just want to save you." Her eyes started to glaze over.
"I think I need some alone time." Lacey whispered.
"Okay, I'll go take a shower and you can go back to reading your book." I headed towards the bedroom, bags all over the room. Is that Lacey's belongings all packed up? Footsteps crept up behind me.
"No, Jace. I need more than ten minutes to myself. I am not safe here, you know that. Justin is crazy. He will kill me and I don't think you can stop him. I just need to go, get away from this town; start fresh. I am grateful for everything you have done for me, Jace. I really am, but I just can't do this anymore." She wept.
I didn't want her to say this. I don't want her to leave. I know that's selfish, but I don't want to lose her.
"Let me go with you, Lacey. Please. Let me take care of you, darling." A honk of a car outside startled me. I walked to the kitchen and looked out the window. A yellow taxi cab was parked in the driveway. She started grabbing her suitcase and bags of clothes. My eyes started to pool with tears. I walked up and grabbed her arm. "Lacey, please don't fucking do this. You're killing me here. Please, no. Just stop and stay with me!" She wiped a tear that was rolling down her cheek with her thumb. She pushed my hand off of her arm and started towards the door, tears rolling down my cheeks now. What did I do to her that she doesn't want me to go with her. I just want to hold her, love her, protect her.
She grabbed the door handle, turning it and heading for the cab. I chased after her. "Lacey! Please stop! I love you!"
She turned around and chuckled. " You love me? Jace, you don't know a damn thing about me!" I was taken back. "You have no idea what I have gone through. I've been beaten, lost my mother, and I've lost all faith. I'm going; I'm moving on and starting fresh without you." Lacey hopped into the cab and they drove away. She was gone. I dropped to my knees and let my tears fall down my face. I just lost everything I have ever wanted...
----------------------------------------
Authors Note:
Hey guys! I haven't posted in ages! I kept this chapter short because I didn't know if anybody still reads my stories or not. So, please comment if you are still wanting to read! ❤️❤️