Part 8

Lacey's P.O.V.

Love me like your best friends did, promise I won't hurt you, kid, hold me really tight until the stars look big, never let me go.

That's the song that popped into my head as I felt Jace's arm around my waist. Never Let Me Go by Lana Del Rey- that's what it's called.

I smiled, knowing that I'm safe as long as Jace is here.

Soft snores starting coming from him, making me quietly giggle as I get out of bed.

I head to the bathroom to brush my hair and my teeth; not wanting to look like an idiot once Jace wakes up.

"You know, you don't have to do that stuff. You look beautiful no matter what!" Jace says, standing in the doorway in just his boxers. Well, alrighty then...

"Why are they out to get me, Jace? I seriously don't understand."

He put his thumb on my chin and his other hand on my hip.

"Don't worry about them, darling. I won't let them hurt you."

I smile, looking down at my feet.

"You always know what to say to make me feel better." He gives me a quick smile before heading to his room.

"I've got some things to take care of." He says, grabbing clothes out of his dresser.

"Li-What? You can't just freaking leave me here alone, again. I'm going with you!"

He slipped on his shirt, buttoning it up. "No, you are going to stay here where you're safe." Jace roughly told me.

It pissed me off quite a bit. "So you think it's just okay to get up and leave and then come back hours later, making me worry about if you're okay or not?" I ask, throwing my hands up into the air. "It's not alright, Jace!"

Jace sighs. "I'm sorry. I'm overreacting." I admit, putting my hand on his soft cheek.

"I promise you I will come back. I just have a few things to take care of."

I nod, trying to be understanding for whatever he has to do.

I guess I'm just scared to be left alone, knowing that there's a chance my brother or father could come home at anytime and 'punish' me for something I didn't do.

"I'll be back soon, darling." Jace said, kissing my forehead and then leaving.

I sigh, propping myself up with the counter. Just thinking of my brother and father makes me sick- they are sick human beings...

Author's Note:

Hello, how's everybody's day?

I am so sorry that I haven't updated in ages. I've just been stuck with stupid writers block.

Where do you think Jace is going?
•Do you think Lacey's brother or father is gonna come home?

Tell me what you think in the comments!!!!!!

Please

Comment

Vote

And

Fan/Follow

Kelsey