Chapter Sixteen

Gou let out a loud sigh as she and Makoto waited for Nagisa and Rei, "Geez what are those two doing?" They were going to Samezuka for a joint swimming practice despite Mikoshiba's strict control on joint practices since the National Japan Relay Swim-off is approaching fast and he wanted his team to be in tip top condition.

"Incoooominnggg!" a voice shouted cheerfully and clearly approaching Gou and Makoto at high speed.

Gou and Makoto turned their heads in the direction of the voice before splitting up to the side to avoid banging into the running teenage as if it was the boy's cue to stop, he stop right in front them, right in front of the gap that Gou and Makoto created.

"Nagisa-kun! Wait up!" breathed out a very concerned voice.

"Ohhh Rei-chan! You need to run more!" Nagisa said to the newly arrived figure.

Before Rei could answer, Gou snapped at them. "Why are you two late? If you guys wanna catch Onii-chan at the practice, we got to arrive at Samezuka earlier."

The two first years look at their manager sheepishly while their captain was trying to shrug it off. "We're so sorry Gou-san. I was helping Nagisa-kun with some of the homework given to us today and we didn't know where the time went. My behavior is truly not beautiful at all," Rei said apologetically, his head and Nagisa's facing down."

With another sigh Gou look at both of them, her face clearly showed that she doesn't know what to do with them, "Fine then but as punishment, you have two have to clean the pool for an entire week, every day. No questions asked. "

Nagisa and Rei's faces went white when they heard what Gou had planned for them in the coming week. Two people to clean an entire pool? That's ridiculous! But atlas they had no choice. The bus arrived as the two first years accepted their punishment with showed reluctance.

The Iwatobi Swimming Club was greeted by the sight of people swimming laps and Mikoshiba stood towering over them, observing each and every one of them.

"Yo! You guys are here," the Samezuka captain greeted with a wave. He was walking towards them, smiling cheerfully at Gou.

Gou felt a shiver down her spine as soon as Mikoshiba had his eyes met hers. She wanted her brother to swoop in and just redraw the boundaries again but all she did was returned his smile back.

"Yeah...where's Onii-chan?" Gou asked as she looked around.

"Ohhh Matsuoka? He's been skipping practice lately, saying that he got some things to do and can't be any help to the team being as distracted as he is right now. He's just," Mikoshiba paused, racking through his brain for the right word to use, "going through a hard time in practice that's all. But enough about that, you guys go get change now," he ordered Makoto, Nagisa and Rei.

Nitori appeared from behind the Iwatobi boys as they obeyed the Samezuka captain and wanted to make their way to the locker rooms. He was wearing his swimsuit, he looked thin and fragile in it.

It was fairly obvious to them that it was his job to direct them to where there were supposed to go.

In the locker room, once everyone was changed into their suits, Makoto let out an exasperated sigh and he closed the locker door. Nitori left them alone since he already did his 'job'. "What do we do now? Rin's not here so the plan can't move on. I don't know how to tell Haru."

"It's okay Mako-chan," Nagisa tried to reassure Makoto. "If he's not here at practice then we just wait for the right moment then bam! We kidnap him and drag him to where Haru-chan is!"

"Nagisa-kun knowing Rin-san, he will probably fight back and I don't you to injure yourself. We have to prepare for the swim-off as well," Rei reasoned.

"B-but if we don't do that, Haru-chan will still be sad and we-we will never fix him. He won't be back to normal," the blond said, his eyes almost pleading.

"It's okay guys. We will just tell Haru that it was a missed opportunity and that we can tried again, alright guys?" Makoto tried lifting their spirits but in actual reality, his heart was pounding in anxiety. He wanted Haru back to normal more than anything else in the world at the moment.

Rin looked at the ticking clock, the only thing making a sound besides him who was in the gym. It was 5'o clock and practice was just going underway. He had been in the gym since 4 and was trying to take his mind off of Haru.

He knew that the only thing he was focused on was Haru and without the reassurance that Haru would still talk to him have been eating at him for the past week. It had been affecting his ability in the water, in his studies and his life. It was driving him mad.

Haru seemingly had just finished his physical therapy and was walking already but with the help of crutches. He was beginning to regain more movement in his arm since the incident. He had to admit, the hospital that he was placed in did a pretty good job patching him up.

He was in the patients' waiting room where all the patients go when their room had bored them out of their minds and needed a change of pace. The room provided them with a HD TV, a table with art utensils, a bookshelf full of novels, magazines and manga, another TV except this was older and was connected to a game console and chairs all around for patients to talk to each other and connect. Nurses were all posted around the room, making sure nothing bad happens.

Haru made his way to the table with the art supplies. Besides swimming, the only other thing that he was good at was drawing. He gingerly sat himself down and put his crutches away at the side. Haru then took up a pencil and started sketching the first thing that came into his mind.

The drawing soon came into picture like a camera that just came into focus on something. It was a drawing of Rin who was smiling brightly at him. Haru carefully touched up the drawing as he outlined on paper Rin. His eyes shone brightly as his hand moved confidently and smoothly across the paper.

He missed Rin. Haru wanted to see him so badly. His heart was burning up with the desire for Rin that Haru thought that he was going nuts.

By 5.30 Rin had grown tired of the gym and his body was exhausted and aching all over. He quickly took a bath before opting to leave. He signed out at the counter quietly and quickly, hoping to not get noticed by his sister, his teammates or his friends on his way out the entrance.

He took the train, it was nearly the time for rush hour, and the train car was slowing filling up with people with every stop. He then finally arrived at his desired stop and quickly got off, muscling his way out of the car.

He had taken this trip so many times before. He knew the way like it was the back of his head and he had been there just recently.