Chapter 18## Challenge

It has been two weeks from the day when he came to met me. I never heard from him anything after that.
In between that time me and Aiden establish a good relationship within ourselves, though i haven't told him about Alex being here in this town. It feels awkward to talk about Alex with Aiden, don't know why but it doesn't feel right.

I'm going to meet principal of our school where i work as a dance teacher as he expects me to see in his office room. He is in his late 50's and a true gentleman but sudden meeting with him doesn't feel good enough.

I take a long breathe as the secretary lead me the way to principal's office.

He notices in his office with a genuine smile on his face.

"Please come Ms.Wilson." he says and acknowledge me to sit.

"Thank you sir, you wanted to see me?." I reply in a calm tone.

"Yes Ms.willson, i want you to know that you have been a very good teacher in our school, your dedication and talent is very impressive and appreciable." He continue to say those thing 'like he is going to fire me.'

My eyes snap towards him, without wasting any second.

"Are you going to say me to give resignation?." I ask him with disbelief.
As far as i can remember i haven't done any mistakes for which i should give my resignation.

"I don't have anything in my hand Ms.Will, we have someone else who has applied for this job and she's experienced teacher." He says, clasping his hand together and rests his elbow in front table.

" One of the most most lame excuse i have heard in my whole life." I spat back. I can't controll my anger, i have done nothing worng and here i'm being fired from my job.

"I can understand your situation Ms.Wilson but i can't help, all senior teachers have the same thought about her being here in your position." He says in such a irritating tone that make me want to punch him on his face.

"Okey, i'll give it by tomorrow." I reply back without giving any glance i walk off from the office just because of the respect once i had for him.

Taking my bag from locker i step inside the parking lot. Angry would be understatement to describe how i'm feeling like now, being fired forcefully without any cause form your job is distressing.

As i'm just climb in my car i see glimpse of someone and that someone is none other than Alex.

" How's your day?" He asks sweetly. He's wearing a button up shir which upper two buttons are left undone, a tie hanging loosely in around his neck. He is leaning in his car with a crossing leg over another with folded arm in his chest.

"What are you doing here?" I can't believe I'm seeing him again after just two weeks when he make me realize how much he hates me.

"To see your expression." He explains in a cool voice, like there is nothing suspecious about him being standing in front me.

"Excuse me?" I look at him with distrust.

"Yeah i came to see your expression after being fired from your job." He exclaims in a cheerful voice.

" You are the person behind all of this
aren't you?" I can't believe he did that.

"Yep, i actually don't do anything, i just make that principal do things according to me." This time a devilish smirk plaster on his face.

"You fucking bast.." he doesn't let me complete as he take long strides towards me towering over me, suddenly his cologne hits my nose abusively.

" Don't complete that." He says in a commanding voice eyeing me carefully.

"Why you did that? What i have ever done bad to you?" my voice came before i could comprehend what i'm asking him. I know this question isn't only about my lost job but all those days when he just left me there to bear all those pain.

"It's a trailer only, i'm not bound to give you any answer but i'm giving you a clue that is money speaks darling." His voice is full of joy like he has won a match. This is the same boy who didn't let me shed a tear from my eyes and he is the same boy who just wants to see me in misery, it just reminds me that i have to learn to hate him because he is doing the same thing.

"You kno what Alexander? Do whatever you want but this time i won't let you destroy me." I challenge him with determination in my eyes. I want him to see that i'm not that old Mia anymore and there is no way i'm going to let him ruin me again.

" Are you challenging me?" He says with a scrutinizing gaze.

" Take it as whatever you want." I'm reply smartly.

"Okey now the game begins Mia, i'm giving you my word keep that in your small head that you'll be in your dead tears just i had been for a long time or even in worse than me." Anger is evident in his eyes like he has already been planning for this time to make my life living hell and in reality he is just doing fine with it.

"You must hate me so much, aren't you?" I ask like making a fool of myself in front of him. I know too well the answer.

" Do you really want to know the answer?" He asks like to make me sure whatever the answer is i'm not going to like it. I nod at him.

" Okey, so i'll give you just some clue to guess this time too; i hate you just as much as i loved you once." He says as my heart again break into thousand pieces. I knew the answer isn't going to be easy but what he just said is fucking intolerable but this time i'm not going to be ruined so, I smile bitterly to him...

"You know what? You have to hate me more because if it's same as your love it won't last forever as earlier" when he doesn't say anything i continue to say..

" It feels good that you hate me so much with determination because somehow it's different from you sick love which couldn't survive because if it could things would have been different." I tell him as flicker of sadness wash over his eyes but then it turns in pure shock. There isn't any worst feeling that loving the person so much whom you want to hate with all your existence.

Seeing him like this after a long time my heart actually thought that somehow things will be changed between us but now in reality everything is getting worst day by day.
He came here to destroy me and he will do that but what he doesn't know that i'm already destroyed. I was fool to think that he would see direct me through the covers of disguise but no i was wrong, only my Alex can see directly through me not this Alex who is blinded by revenge.

"If you think you can get peace by torturing me then you are welcomed Alexander, i have done this things for you so many time, one more time won't hurt." a pained expression fell on his beautiful face as the word left from my lips, i tell him intentionally the word to make him remember about those days....

when i used to take all blames for him to rescue him form aunt Lisa,

When i used to put mud in my clothes as well for him so he wouldn't be the only one to be scolded,

When i took him in my arms when he was crying over Julie that she cheated him behind his back and this time it turns out to be the greatest mistake i did, i dig the grave for myself.

Though i didn't regret of that day to take Alex in my arms without any word because i knew he needed me mostly then.

But the consequences lead Alex to hate me for the rest of his life but i can't blame him either because he's not solely responsible here but i'm too more than him.

I climb in my car without giving him any glance because i can't see him in pain for my stupid heart who just can't stop loving him inspite sick dead love which have ruined me.

Note:-
Hey guys how are you people?
Let me know how you feel about this little encounter between Alex and Mia.
😘