How stubborn can one be - in short Me

This chapter is dedicated to Wishingal whose book 'The Accidental Groom' has stolen my heart three years ago. check out the book I'm sure you will love it.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Ok this chapter was going to be named: "How I came to read my first novel" but then I change it to the current title; "How stubborn can one be- in short me."

          So as you must have realise by reading both titles this chapter contains my memory of how I came to read my first novel and how that was due to my stubbornness.

      So let me tell you I really am  stubborn and really famous in my family for this very trait. But I blame my family genes for this, it runs in the blood not my fault.

      So this incident happens in my college days or more specifically in my polytheistic days. I was a teenager back then merely eighteen.

      I used to be pretty violent those days. I really have a short temper and I was pretty famous for that too but I don't know why all my classmates still like me enough to be friends with me.

      As I already mentioned in previous chapters my polytechnic time was the first time when I make friends for the first time in my life.

         Never before I make friends or even thought of making one in my life, so getting swarm with friends was a bit thrilling, actually it was more than a bit but let's continue.

So I was talking about my stubbornness.

You must be wondering how my stubbornness results in me reading my first novel, so let me tell you about the incident.

      The incident happened in the last semester of my polytechnic college. I have a friend named "Manasvi" and he was my rakhi brother.

     So one day he brought a novel in college.

You see I live in a small town where parents only focus is earning enough so they can give their children a good life.

The good life contains good education, there is no limitations to your spending until they are on course books and other stuff that you need for your course.

       But things are different when it came to spending money on your hobby, especially when your hobby is reading novels, because for them novels are these baseless stories, that are written to distract their children from their goal.

       Honestly before Manasvi brought that novel to the college, I never thought of reading one ever.

        Manasvi showed that novel to his guy friends. One of his friends was Jitender, who was also in our group.

       So one day Jitender came to sit with us in a free lecture. He had already read the book by then and showed the book to Sonam, my closest friend back then, and ask her to eead it. I was sitting with sonam on her other side but was talking to a different friend, so I didn't hear what Jitender said to Sonam.

      But when I saw the novel I  Sonam's hand I ask her about it. She told me that the book was Manasvi' s and Jitender had asked her to read it, and that it was really a good novel.

      Do I took the book from Sonam's hand and said I will read it and told Jitender that I was taking the book home. He didn't say anything but his expression said it all. He wasn't happy that I was going to read the book instead of Sonam.

       But within a minute of me taking the book from Sonam, Manasvi came to me and ask for his book. I told him I will return it on Monday as it was Friday and we had weekend off.