#1

A/N: Heeeeeeey :). First time writing my own story even though I wrote a 1D fanfic that I have no hope in it anymore. Anyway I really hope you like it and comment on how I can improve on it.

THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN REWRITTEN ON 22/AUGUST/2012.

EDITED BY Cake_Unicorn_Luv ON 19/NOVEMBER/2014

THE BAD BOYS SOFT SIDE

Chapter One

Adelaide's P.O.V.

"You look amazing, Ade." My best friend, Lydia Mason, gushes as she looks at me.

I'm Adelaide Joy, a junior at Farfield High. I'm called the nerd slash loser of the school. Meaning I have good grades and one friend. Lydia and I met in the fourth grade when a group of boys were picking on me and she pretty much beat them up. To others we might be crazy but if you befriend us, we'll be good to you. 

I've never been a big fan of these things the school plan for us; I consider them stupid, so yeah. The only reason I'm going to this stupid thing is because I was forced. Do I have to say by who? Obviously by her. Lydia spent thousands on a dress for me and pretty much guilt tripped me into into it. I mean, would you not go to a party if your best friend bought you a dress worth your whole closet? Didn't think so.

"All thanks to you, Lyd." I say, looking in the rear-view mirror, "But, why must you bring me to the school's annual masquerade and how are you going to find Justin with everyone wearing masks?" I ask, referring to her boyfriend of two years.

She sighed, ignoring my questions, and tosses my mask at me, "Just put on your mask; we're here."

I did as she said, not wanting to disobey her. She gets a little punchy when she's not obeyed. We get out of the car, trying to not get our dresses dirty. The dress she got me was a strapless royal blue floor length dress with a blue mask and silver stilettos. My long blonde hair was pulled up in a 'cute updo' as Lydia called it.

I close the car door and turn to ask Lydia when we're leaving only to find her gone. I start looking around the hotel the masquerade was hosted at and finally find her laughing with Justin. She sends me an apologetic smile as I look at her in shock.

She left me.

She fucking LEFT me.

This night is going to amazing.

***

I stand by the door I've been standing by for the last three hours, probably  looking bored, wanting to leave. Looking around, I see couples grinding on each other to the fast music. I turn my head to the left only to be met with some of the most beautiful baby blue eyes I've ever seen.

"Hi," says the owner of the eyes in a deep, voice.

"Hi.." I reply, shifting my feet uncomfortably.

"I noticed a very beautiful girl standing here alone and thought,  'Hey, why not join her?'" He says, conversationally.

I snort in a very unlady like fashion and glance at him "Surrreee. You use that line a lot, don't you?"

"Hey!" He says, sounding offended "You're actually the first girl I've tried this on!"

"Don't try it again." I say, immediately covering my mouth.

"Oooo, feisty. I like it." He says, laughing a bit.

A slow song comes on and couples start pairing up. He holds his hand out to be and bows.

"May I have this dance, my lady?" He asks in a posh accent.

"Why sure." I say in my own posh accent " tis' is a pleasure." I give him a curtsy and take his hand.

We dance all the slow dances and during the fast songs we joked and played around. We did that until Lydia practically dragged me away.

***

"Hanging out with Mr. Hot-stuff are we?" She asks as we pull out of the parking lot.

"Fuck off. You abandoned me for your boyfriend." I say, looking out the window with my arms crossed.

"Awww!!! You know you love me."

I humph and turn my head.

"I wuv you, Ade!!!" Lydia says in the voice she knows I can't resist.

"Fine," I sigh "But, one more time and I'll never speak to you again."

"Yah!!!" She cheers "Now, tell me about Mr.Hotstuff."

***

I rush into the school with my head down and books to my chest. Stupid Lydia keeping me up with her questions. I turn the corner only to run into a hard wall of flesh.

"Watch where you're going, Adelaide." Chace Drews, the school's bad boy, snaps at me.

I mumble a 'sorry' and gather all my things back in my arms.

I walk into my favorite class, design, and take my regular seat next to Vanessa Love, my design nerd sister. Thirty minutes later, Chace walks in and plops into a seat in the back.

Watch out world! Mr. Badass here is on fire today.

"Why are you late, Mr. Drews?" Our teacher, Mr. Andrew asks, crossing his arms.

"And why the hell would I tell you that, Ant?" Chace answers, causing me to snort.

The whole class turns to look at me as I cover the snort with a bunch of coughs.

"Sorry." I mutter, sliding down in my seat.

Where does he get these weird nicknames from? Plus Mr. Andrew's red face, it makes anyone want to snort. 

A/N: Thank you for reading the first chapter of TBBSS, I hope you're enjoying it so far :) 

xoxo,

cherriline :x.