Chapter 6

Chapter 6

After- August 27 8:03 am

Kieren led me and Adrian toward the front office, pushing the door open with  flourish, "Ladies first Kinsley."

I smirked at him, "I guess you better go first then, Miss Kieren."

He glowered and i swept by him, the sounds of Adrian's laughter echoing behind me. I heard a small chuckle. Jason grinned and winked, "You'll get used to all of us eventually i suppose. It'll be good to have a girl around, besides the sluts anyway."

I snorted at that. The sluts were probably plenty in my opinion. I turned to the secretary and smiled disarmingly.

"Hello, my name is Kinsley Gregory and this is my brother Adrian Gregory. We are-"

"New students of course," her bright smile flared alarmingly bright as she interupted me," I have your schedules up and ready!"

She bustled around for a minute, pulling out to packets and handed them to me, pulling out a piece of paper, "Here are your physical forms, they will need to be filled out and medical history will need to be submitted."

I almost laughed. I needed a couple extra sheets if she wanted the ALL my medical history. \

"Thank you ma'am! We'll just er, head off to class now!" I grabbed the packages and backed out of the office.

The boys were in a big huddle whispering about something. When they saw me they grinned in  a creepy simultaneous way and Adrian grabbed his packet and begen reading his timetable aloud.

"Spanish, English 4, Trigonometry!!?? Are they frickin kidding me!?" His mouth fell open and i giggled. Adrian hated math with desperation. He was a senior and taking a Junior honor class. I rolled my eyes, and examined my own schedule.

AP Shakespearean Literature, AP Biology, Gym, AP European History, AP Psychology, AP Studio Art and  Algebra 2/ Trig.

Good God, they are trying to torture me.

The only good things looked like Art and gym! I am pretty athletic. You would have to be to do what I did.

I had Gym with Adrian. That was it.  He looked at me with concern. I smiled reasuringly, and turned to Jason, "Can show me where room...3512 is? AP Shakespearean Lit. with Mr. Kirkland?"

He smiled  but his eyes held horror. "I can, but you may want to transfer. Kirklands class can be a bitch."

"I'm sure i'll handle him well enough. I've had plenty of asshole teachers in my day." I smirked. I kind of liked this new Kinsley. She could handle anything it seemed. She was strong. No.

I was strong.

* * *

Mr. Kirkland made me introduce myself in front of the entire class.

" Um... my name is Kinsley, I have a brother named Adrian, and the rest is none of your damn buisness."

The class chuckled collectively, and the teacher turned bright red, "Ms. Gregory! That language is not tolerated in my classroom!"

I snorted, "Uh huh, whatever you say boss man."

I could see the wheels in his head turning, but i just walked smoothly to a seat by the window and slumped into the chair. I let my gaze slip slowly across the other students lazily acessing them. Stoners looking around hazily in the back, barbie and friends in the middle hanging all over muscle bound looking douchebags wearing black and blue jackets. Preps wearing sweater sets dominated the front of the room with there perfectly gelled hair and lint free suit jackets.

I giggled. There is so much cliche in this world.

***

By the time lunch rolled around I was so bored. I literally felt my eyes melting at the horror. I was waling to the cafeteria when a pair of strong arms wrapped around me. I let out a squeal of terror and stomped hard on a male shoe. A grunt of pain behind me and the world slowed down. Thrust elbow backwards into solar plexus. Head back, slamming nose and possible breakage. Finally grabbing hands and tilting outward, thrusting body away from attacker.

By the time things were back in focus, i was breathing in gasps and tears were running freely from my eyes. A boy i had never seen before was on the ground moaning in pain. He stared at me in horror, calling me a 'crazy bitch'.

"Kinsley! Kins wait stop!" Adrian was running toward me. He grabbed me in a hug, pressing my face to his chest i felt my heart slow, the blood spattering and screams behind my eyelids faded and the ringing in my ears dissapated until i felt calm again. I looked to see the kid i'd incapacitated walking away. I looked at Adrian, at a loss.

"Hey, hey, hey. It's okay. He did it. It was his stupid fault. What a jackass grabbing girls like that." Adrian whispered with vehmence. 

"I'm sorry, so so so sorry!" I kept saying over and over again. "Shhhhh... It's okay Kins. Lets go to lunch."

By the time we made to the lunch room i had pulled myself together and put on a lazy look that gave off my newly adopted 'i'm tough shit'atttitude. I slipped into a seat next to Kieran and leaned against Jason lazily. Douche bags in jackets sneered and stared at me hungrily, while their sluts were furious, nails were sharpening, I could tell.

They laughed and then both froze, glaring toward the entrance. So did the rest of my guys, ferocious scowls toward the door to the cafe. I turned, and felt laughter rising in my gut.

These cliches just never end!