Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Before- January 7; 12:22 pm

I buried my face further into the crook of Kales shoulder in an attempt to stop my laughter from bursting from my lips. I peeked up on pure chance and saw the red puffed up face of my  friend and i lost control. Giggles exploded through and set of a chain reaction. The lunch table blew up like cannon fire, the 7 of us gasping and completely losing control.

"God Ava, stop doing that!" I said, panting and trying to calm down.

She pouted, " I wasn't doing anything but trying to look at the stupid zit!" To re afrim this she squinted at the tip of her nose and promptly set off another round of laughter.

I tilted my head back and looked at my best friend Kale, his chest rumbled with deep chortles, his pale hair swept back as he grinned crookedly down at me.

"C'mon Ava, i'm gonna burst a lung if you keep doing that!" He gasped.

I laughed and looked around happily. It was one of those moments where everyone was happy. Ava was being her normally hilarious and childish self, but in her defense she looked the part. A tiny girl of only 51"  with curly blonde hair and pink cheeks she was like the little girl we all cared for and kept bullies away from. Next to her was Charlotte. With red hair and a willowy figure she gather boys to her like bees to honey. If it wasn't for her giant boyfriend Lachlan, she might be stalked everyday. Lachlan was huge football player, but he wasn't an idiot jock either. He had dark blond hair and blue eyes that sent the girls crazy, but Charlotte was also the jealous type, so most singles left them alone. Anyway, neither would ever stray from the other. They loved each other, had since they were children.

Victoria snorted and pushed Ciaran off the bench.

"Hey! Watch it girlie!" Ciaran hissed, rubbing his ribs and scowling at Vicky. She stuck her tounge out at him and turned back toward the table. He reached up and snagged her belt. Pulling her off onto the floor, and basically onto his lap. We all rolled our eyes. They have a love hate relationship. Basically, they wouldn't admit it, but the sexual tension between the clogged the room. 

Vicky blushed and attempted to wiggle out of his grasp, "Let me go you baffoon!"

He grinned wickedly and whispered loud enough for all of us to hear, " You keep wiggling like that and i'll gladly punish you for pushing me down. Privatly."

We all laughed at the mortified look on her face and she attempted to escsape again. I laughed and stood up, pulling Kale with me.  "C' mon, lets leave the two lovebirds alone."

He laughed and stood and we walked toward the door, but we were stopped before we could leave.

I paused, glaring up at the idiot who somehow managed to block the whole door.

Derek Hence was the star line backer (yes, i know, star line backer. yeah right), and all around complete and utter asshole. Everyone fears him. Me and my friends are on the upper end of the food chain. We aren't the most popular people, but we are friends with almost everyone.

Yeah. Almost.

" Hey Kinsley, how it going sweetheart." He leered.

My eyes narrowed. " Rather foul now that you've arrived. Now let us through."

" Sorry sweetheart, but i have a question to ask you. Wanna hook up?" He smirked.

Before i could blink, i saw Kales fist flying through the air and punching Derek in the middle of his face.

" Kale!" I shrieked and grabbed his arm pulling him back. He whirled on me.

"Why would you pull away! I was standing up for you! Are you gonna let that pig talk to you like that!!" He roared. His face was dark and angry, not the open happy face i had seen moments before. Not the little boy who had bought me ice cream when Kristie Miller had tripped me in first grade.

I shrunk back. Why was he so angry? What happened to Kale? "He's been doing that forever Kale, you know that. Just ignore him and he will leave us alone. Why are so mad?"

" Oh so you wanted to say yes huh? Is that what you are now? Hooking up with guys like Hence?" Kale snapped in fury.

I reeled back. " What the hell Kale? What is wrong with you?! I never hooked up Derek! How could you even say that!"

He seemed to calm down. " Well? What did you think i would think?"

I stared at him. " Umm, i don't know, maybe thingi was ACTULLY IN MY RIGHT MIND! Unlike some people!"

His fury came back double doubly. " I"M NOT CRAZY! Maybe you're exactly what I and everyone else thinks! A BITCH!" Then he stormed away slamming open the door, pushing past an unconscious Derek and rushing out into the crowd.

Open mouthed and in complete shock, i watched the door swing shut, before turning toward my friends, their shocked faces a mirror to my own