Chapter 9: Dragons

Hey guys please comment and vote! Watty Awards had offically started and this is my first go at this! Three months to finish! Ahh all my other stories take atleast a year; help me through it with encouragement! I would love that! Enjoy!

Chapter 9: Dragons

I don’t remember the flames. All I remember is a worried Dimitri yelling my name from afar. He had seen the billowing black smoke from outskirts. Opening my eyes I laid within a perfect circle of burned embers. I brushed a strand of hair from my face but as I pulled my hand from where it laid against my belly a small whine of protest arose.

Startled I suddenly sat up glancing down I saw a dragon trying to snuggle its way back into my lap. This was my dragon; my son. I could still hear Dimitri quickly approaching; extending out my arm the small dragon yawned before climbing up my arm to my shoulder.

He was a beautiful shade of indigo blue paling at his snout, legs and tail. He had spikes like Emera’s but on a much smaller scale and he possessed childlikeness to him; his features were wide and soft unlike Emera’s sharp cheeks or snout. Tiny ears were on either side of his head; he was about the size of a small cat.

“Hello my son,” I said my voice filled with pride. He looked up to me and rubbed his face against mine making a deep purring noise.

“Ariya!” My dragon snapped from his purring to turn to Dimitri a small growl replacing his purr. Dimitri stopped dead when he saw the dragon; his eyes wide with curiosity as well as wonder.

“Shush my child,” I told him; he once again soothed and purred against my cheek.

“That’s… that’s a dragon!” Dimitri stuttered baffled.

“Yes Dimitri it is; he is my dragon. What do you think being a dragon heir entailed? Large cats?”

“No..no. But,” He tried to dig himself out of his hole. I just snickered at his discomfort.

“Why are your clothes burned?” He asked rushing to my side; my dragon glared at him but made no move from his place on my shoulder.

“Dragons are born of flames so they must hatch that way; but not alone but with the dragon heir; with me.” I replied as if it was the simplest answer in the world.

“I brought you some clothes and things as well as breakfast.”

“Do you have any milk or meat?”

“Yes, why?”

“My son is a living creature and I am assuming he will eat meat.”

“Ah right,” Dimitri said. “Let me go get it.” As Dimitri wandered off I plucked my son from my shoulder and moved him to my lap stroking his back.

‘My name is Moorwin mother.’ Spoke a childlike voice within my mind.

‘My son;’ I smiled.

‘Yes mother, your son.’ Moorwin looked up to me as much as a smile could form on a dragon’s lips one was there.

‘I love you, and no one will take you from me.’

‘I know’

“Here we go,” Dimitri said setting down a nap sack full of things. Pulling it towards me I dug through it; within was nice riding leathers, riding leathers with pants. And a cloak with arms along with some leather boots and socks.

“Thank you;” I smiled. Getting up I cradled Moorwin to my chest; it was too cold for him to sit on the ground. “Will you hold him while I change?” Dimitri gave me a funny look.