chapter 16.

As Harry sped down the streets of London, anticipation crept up and down his spine. What could Josh possibly have up his sleeve? How did he escape from jail? His thoughts were soon interrupted by the sudden realization of his arrival at the address Paul gave him. An upscale apartment building in the center of London. Glass leaked from the building's tip, with coupled satellites on the roof, made the building almost completely transparent. As he stepped inside the building's lobby, he was greeted by a young man at the front desk. "Good evening, Mr.Styles is it?" Harry slowly nodded in response. "Ah yes, Mr.Kushner is waiting for you in the penthouse. Go right up" Perplexed, Harry walked towards the already opening elevator and stepped inside to notice the "PH" button illuminating. Did Josh steal someone's identity? As the elevator doors opened, they revealed a large, open living room with simply two large white couches, a glass coffee table, and a flat screen TV which hung in front of the floor to ceiling windows which overlooked London. The night sky dusted gold by the city lights shining below as the stars seeped into their own darkness towards the heavens. "Harry, so nice to see you man" Josh said with a large smile as he walked out of one of the large doors and approached Harry for a quick embrace. "Josh wh-what is all-" "shhhhh" Josh interuppted Harry. "My name is not Josh...I'm Karter Kushner" Still confused, Harry sat at one of the large couches as he began to run his hands through his hair. "What?" Josh sat at the couch across the coffee table from him as he began to form his explanation to Harry in his head."I was never really Josh Kushner. That's my twin brother's name. He was killed by a semi while driving home drunk from a party in college. My family kept his death from the media to avoid a frenzy so I've been living as both Josh and Karter while simultaneously maintaining my business which as you can see, is doing quite well." Harry was stunned, holding his head with his fingertip in his temple. Karter was brilliant. "But wait...how did you escape?" Karter rose from the couch as he spoke. "I faked Josh's death, died in a fire in the kitchen..." he retorted as Harry watched the ice clank at the bottom of the glass Karter held and Whiskey drown the frozen crystals. "So Josh is actually dead now..." He said to himself. Harry felt his phone begin to ring. Answering it, he heard Sam (the head of Taylor's security on the other end in a panic) Mr.Styles, I'm so sorry to interrupt you this late at night." "No Sam, don't worry. What's the problem?" "We've discovered that Ms.Kloss has been reported missing by her boyfriend Sean. She has not been seen for 11 hours after she ran off...no one knows where she is." Harry's heart stopped at the words Sam had just spoken. "Shit....Taylor" he whispered hanging up the phone. "What happened? You're pale, man" Karter asked. "Karlie's missing. I have to be with Taylor" he said as he approached the elevator "I'm coming with you..." Her messy bun almost completely deconstructed and squinted eyes focusing into the terrible vision she has without her glasses, Taylor could feel Harry's absence. She pushed herself up from the couch and reached for her glasses on the coffee table. "Fuck..." she said to herself as she nearly knocked over her untouched Diet Coke. As she put on her glasses and adjusted her hair she began to wonder where Harry was. He never just up and left her like this so she was sure it must've been important.Walking into the kitchen, she felt nausea strike her hard. "Maybe it's the baby" she thought as she held her stomach and grabbed her phone. "Harry hey, where are you?" she asked as she watched the room around her begin to spin. "Hey love, I'm on my way back now. There's a lot going on right now but I need you to be safe becau-" "Hold on Harry..." Taylor interrupted as she heard something fall and hit the wood floor in the hallway above her head. "Wait Taylor! Listen to me!" Harry yelled into the phone that was already placed on the counter as Taylor walked towards the noise she heard. As Harry pulled into the driveway, he and Karter immediately hopped out of the car bursting into the house with urgency. "TAYLOR!" Harry's deep raspy voice practically shook the house. "TAYLOR!"