chapter 11.

Taylor's sleepless night tortured her as she tossed and turned in the bed beside Karlie. She watched her sleep for some time. Karlie's short hair thrown across her face as her slow, rhythmic breathing became the only sound Taylor could hear beside her own heart beating in her ear through the silence of the room. Taylor got up and made her way to the closet grabbing a pair of low rise shorts and a sweater. She quietly slipped on black flats and walked out into the kitchen. Her phone lay on the counter with Harry's message still untouched. Just as she unlocked her phone, she heard the wood floor creak behind her. She turned around to find Karlie approaching her from the bedroom in just Taylor's Coldplay t-shirt. "What's going on? It's 3 o'clock in the morning Taylor" Karlie said as she sleepily rubbed her eye. "I was just going to head downtown for a couple of minutes to find a quick late night snack." Taylor picked up her phone and keys placing them in her purse. "Oh okay. Be safe...text me when you find something.I love you" Karlie said dismissively as she dragged her feet back into the room. Taylor began to walk out of the door as a thought passed through her mind "...she loves me?".As she climbed into the drivers seat of the Range Rover, she got her phone out to call Harry, not bothering to read the message. After a few rings, Harry groggily answered the phone. "Taylor?" "Hey Harry what's up?" "Umm...I'm sleeping but do you want to meet somewhere? I really have to talk to you about something important." Taylor thought for a moment.."you're in Miami?" "Yeah I was looking at condos here so I'm staying at The W on the beach and I heard you're here too" "Yeah I am...umm... do you want to meet at Bayside? It's probably empty at this time of night." "Bayside sounds perfect. I'll see you there in 20 minutes." "Okay bye". Harry breathed a heavy sigh as he swung his legs over the side of the bed running his hand through his curls. How was he going to tell Taylor what happened? She would never believe him. In her eyes, Karlie was flawless and could never do any harm to anyone. He wondered if she would ever think the same of himself. Did she think he was harmless at all? Of course there were a few moments like when he broke one of the antique frames at her apartment in a drunken fury but they were both completely intoxicated. He dragged on his jeans and threw on a white V-neck before walking out of the front door of his hotel room.The two sped down the empty Miami streets, anticipation seeping through their veins. They met each other in the parking lot at Bayside, getting out of their vehicles at the same time. Taylor made eye contact with Harry as he slid out of his Audi. "Hey" she said as she walked towards the front of both their cars. "Hey" Harry replied. After a few quiet moments, Harry pulled Taylor into a tight, loving hug. "I miss you so much" he whispered into her ear. "I miss you too" she said wrapping her arms around his neck and burying her head in the crook of his neck. And she did. She missed the smell of mint and after-shave that seemed to be sown into his clothes. She missed his gentle touches...and his rough touches. She missed everything. She placed a small kiss on his cheek as she began to pull away but Harry yanked her back into him and kissed her passionately. He was angry with himself for ever letting her go. She was his angel; his savior. Taylor was the only thing pure about Harry's life and he hated that he took her presence for granted. But he wouldn't let that happen again, so he locked her away with his kiss. Gentle and smooth yet hungry and possessive. He picked her up and placed her on the hood of the Audi as he continued to posses her."Harry...we have to talk first."Taylor said between kisses. Harry began to make his way up her sweater, reminding Taylor of the differences between Karlie's graceful caress when ever she touched her and Harry's manly yet gentle grasp as his fingertips rested just below the lining of her bra. "Harry" she said a little louder as he pulled away from her. "I'm sorry I just-I'm sorry" he said as he rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. "What did you have to talk to me about?" Taylor said adjusting her sweater. "About Karlie..."