chapter 2.

Taylor had no idea how she was going to explain herself. Should she lie? No, Taylor wouldn't lie...at least not to Karlie. As she drove her black suburban through valet at Karlie's apartment building, Taylor continuously repeated her story in her head. Hopefully, Karlie wouldn't be too hurt. Soon she arrived at Karlie's door, all the courage and strength she had put into three swift knocks at the door. After a few seconds, she heard someone struggling with the lock and finally opening the door with a chuckle. Josh stood in front of her, shirtless and bed headed. She looked past Josh to see Karlie sitting cross legged on the couch in a robe holding a cup of coffee. Evidently, they had had a night of their own.

"Oh...umm...I can come back later if you're-" "No, Taylor wait. We need to talk" Josh looked between the both of them and finally inserted "I was going to hop in the shower anyway. Nice seeing you again Taylor". "Same to you..."Taylor replied as Josh walked the other way. Karlie then approached the door way, encouraging Taylor to come into the apartment. "Taylor I can explain..." "No Karlie, I can explain. Harry called and-" "Wait, you stood me up for Harry? Styles?! Taylor we had a date, okay? You can't just put some guy in front of...'Us'" Karlie looked straight into Taylor's eyes. She wanted her to feel the pain and frustration she felt. She wanted her to regret ever standing her up. Karlie knew Taylor would show up to apologize, so she let Josh answer the door. She wanted Taylor to feel pained, stunned and above all, jealous when she saw Josh. "I know, I know and I'm really sorry. He just sounded so enthusiastic on the phone and you know how Harry gets when he wants something..." Taylor began. "and besides...what if they start to suspect things about us when they see us out together all the time, Karlie? What if no one can handle it...what if...what if I can't handle it?" Taylor said looking down at her black flats."Taylor..." Karlie started as she lifted Taylor's head to her eye level, "Let them think what they want. They live in another world...they can't change anything about us." Taylor smiled as their eyes met. She was right, what could they possibly change about them? Karlie began to lean into Taylor... "Hey Karls, I'm going to head out now. Catch you sometime this week?" Josh said as he abruptly interrupted them while he walked toward them and wrapped his arms around Karlie's waist. "Yeah, of course" Karlie replied with a smile as she looked at Taylor. "Great! See you then, beautiful" he said, kissing her on the forehead and walking out of the front door. "Bye!" Karlie called behind him. Karlie then turned to Taylor. She was far from finished with her. Taylor needed to learn her lesson and obviously make a choice: her or Harry...