chapter 5.

Taylor was asleep in Harry's lap as "Friends" played on the flat screen in his hotel room in NYC. When they had gotten in from the MSG after party, Taylor decided she wanted a "peaceful" night in (as opposed to what many thought actually happened that night). So they watched "Friends" until Taylor faded out in Harry's lap. He looked down at her smiling. She was definitely going to have his zipper imprinted on her face when she woke up. He stroked her blonde hair gently and caressed her face. He took in her perfection...even her flaws made her perfect. Her tendency to space out during conversations. How he catches her having conversations with Meredith sometimes. She was an angel. 

Harry picked her up in his arms as he moved to the bed in his suite, removed her shoes and tucked her in. Just as he was going to move to his side of the bed, his phone vibrated with a message from Karlie: "Hey are you with Taylor?" he quickly texted back: "Yeah she sleeping. What's up?" Karlie:"Oh ok. Can you tell her to call me when she wakes up? It's an emergency" Harry:"Ok." He pressed send then took his shirt off and laid in bed next to Taylor.

He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him as he kissed the back of her head. Harry began to think about Karlie and Taylor. They were so close. They probably knew more about each other than Josh and Harry knew about the both of the combined. They were like sisters...even Austin could agree with that. Harry definitely loved Taylor, there was no doubt about that...but he can't help but feel like she's hiding something from him. She's always thinking. About what? he'll never know. He just wants to know what's going on in her pretty little mind. Was she thinking about him? because all he ever thinks about is her: holding her, kissing her, laughing with her...marrying her. Thoughts of marriage have always passed through his mind...he even walked around with an engagement ring in his pocket every where he went with her.As he held her he realized, this is what he wanted. All he wanted was her. He got up, walked around to her side of the bed and kneeled down, getting the ring out of the pocket of his pants thrown on the floor. Harry shook Taylor lightly as her eyes slowly fluttered open. "Taylor...Taylor wake up" he whispered. "hmm" she replied softly as her eyes opened wider to see Harry in breathing distance of her. She had no idea what was going on. Should she be panicking? Was something wrong? "What is is?" she whispered back. He began to open the little black case in his hand. It revealed a sparkling diamond on a silver band. Taylor was stunned as she lifted herself up on one elbow. "I know we've been through a lot of...hate, drama, break ups, make ups...but I love you. I love you so much. And I know you love me too otherwise, you wouldn't still be here with me. We wouldn't want to put up with each other's crap...especially after the whole thing with Cara and you with Connor. But I just need to know that you're willing to put up with my crap forever. Taylor...will you marry me?" Taylor stared at Harry's moon-lit face. His bed hair creating a silhouette of it's own as she processed everything he just said to her...and his question. Her lips began to quiver as a teardrop fell from her eye. He wiped the tear from her cheek "Don't cry love...let me love you...let me love you forever." As Taylor and Harry stared at each other in the dark and the moon shined through the hotel room window, time came to a halt...