Chapter 2

" I thought you said they were here already! " We had been at the food court for only five minutes but I was already getting impatient. Rosa knew that when it came to Eric, I could get a little feisty. I haven't seen Eric in a week and even though we don't talk a lot, just seeing him made me smile and feel as though I had a million butterflies flying in my stomach. "Calm down Arely! They're probably just a little late. Plus, it's not like you guys even talk to each other, you just play fight all the time. You're Middle School not Kinder garden; just ask him out already!" " That's easy for you to say, your the most outgoing person I know! I'm still hoping you'll rub off on me someday." I always try to be as outgoing and fun around Eric as Rosa is but when I see him my mind goes blank and I don't know what to do so I just stand back and let Rosa do the talking.

And then I saw him.

HIs perfect smile, his dark completion, his black spiky hair. "Oh there they are! Good 'cuz I was about to drag you back to dress shopping." Rosa broke my thoughts on Eric. Which is good because a few seconds more and I'm pretty sure I would've start drooling. " Sup Carlos, Sup Eric." " Hey Rosa." Eric had kind of a high voice. Which was cute to me. " Hey." Carlos had a high voice to, though it was deeper than Eric's'. "Hey Arely." "H-Hey Eric, Hey Carlos." Ugh I can't believe I just stuttered. How can I be so stupid? Rosa chuckled, though I don't think Eric noticed my stutter since I talk low. Finally my low talking was useful for once.

"OK so what are we eating?" I wonder if Eric knew he was going to pay. MIght as well use this opportunity for an "outgoing moment" as Rosa called it. " Well you pick Eric, you're paying. We're broke right now." Carlos and Rosa chuckled. Rosa glanced at me and gave me a look. I knew what it meant: Nailed it. "Haha very funny." He looked at me and Rosa. "Are you serious? You guys spent all your money on clothes?" "Yup, so your gonna have to pay for your favorite cousin and her best friend." Rosa batted her eyes when she said it. We all bursted laughing. "OK, OK. I'm paying, but we're getting pizza then."