Chapter 1

***Hey this is my first story so I hope you guys like it! ***

It was a sunny day in my little town, Hazel Crest, as usual. I was walking home from school with my best friend Rosa. We were talking about the usual topic. My crush. My crush also happens to be Rosa's cousin, Eric, by the way. I've had a crush on Eric for about two years now. The first year he didn't even know I existed. This year, the year I became friends with Rosa, I actually talked to him a bit. Not much, but I enjoyed the moments we had on the school bus. We mostly didn't do talking, we messed around with each other. You know the usual He pulls my hair I go and chase him, I slap him on the arm and run. Usual things kids do. But talking isn't really one of my strengths. I've always been the quiet type around anybody that isn't family or my friends. And talking to Eric is a whole other story. When he says "hey" my palms get sweaty and I fell like my throat gets dry. I feel like I'm glued to the ground and I don't know how I manage to croak out a "hey". It always comes out in a whisper so I eventually just wave and smile and walk away before he notices my nervousness.

I just can't help but look at his beautiful eyes, his dark skin, his personality is so down to earth. Everything I looked for in a guy all in him, and yet he doesn't notice me at all.... "HELLOOO have you been paying attention to ANYTHING I been saying?" "Hmm? Oh yes you said something about dress shopping for Clara's quincernera, right?" Rosa LOVES shopping, me not so much. I hate the whole trying on different things and seeing which ones looks best. And then there is the whole money issue. "Arely you promised Clara you would were a dress for her party! And you promised me that I could pick it out for you!" "And I will keep those promises Rosa. Saturday we'll go to the mall and I'll be your little model OK?" "YAYYY!!" For me to be wearing a dress is something big to all my friends. They know I hate dresses because I've always thought of them as girlie and I'm not the girlie type. But this Saturday I was looking forward to because Eric and his little brother Carlos were going to buy suits for the party. I couldn't wait 'till then because I knew Rosa would make us bump into each other "on accident" and I couldn't wait to see him again. 

                                                              * * *  The Next Day * * *

"I can't wait to go to the mall so we can pick out your dress Arely!!" Ugh I had totally forgotten about dress shopping. I had only focused on the promise Rosa had made me. On taking me to where Eric and his brother would be. I seriously had hoped that Rosa had forgotten about the whole dress thing. Well might as well make the best of it until we "bump into" Eric.

                                              * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 " Oh my god you have to try this one on Arely! You would look great in blue!" Ughh I hated this. We had already been here an hour and I still hadn't found anything for me. Rosa had already found her outfit and now it was my turn. I came out of the dressing room to let Rosa see the dress on me. "Ughh I don't think blue is really my color. How about something black or grey or purple. Those are more my colors, don't you think Rosa?" " Well yeah but you have millions of shirts like that. At this party you are gonna have to wear bright colors, I mean it is a quincenera, right?" Ughh sometimes Rosa could be so annoying about shopping. I don't know how other girls enjoy doing this. "Fine but I'm not really sure frills look good on me. How about we take a break and get something to eat. Then we continue the dress hunt." I gave Rosa a hopeful smile hoping she would get the hint that I wanted to see Eric. "OK, let me just call Eric and Carlos so they can meet us there. Also I have no more money to buy food so they're buying." She gave me a playful smile. " OK let me take this thing off then and we'll go to the food court." I couldn't wait to see Eric again.

* * *  quincenera = A latin girl's 15th birthday party by the way for anybody who didn't know. * * *