Chapter 7-Petrol Station

Chapter 7

Looking around the petrol station i heaved another sigh. My crying had thankfully stopped about a half an hour ago, the Monster had let me cry without any comment. We had stopped for gas and he was still inside the shop paying for it. It seemed we were meeting his pack members, the one's that had also visited my town, at the territory as no other cars had followed us out of Blueshine. It was well into the night by now, no trace of the sun that had been emitting heat on us all day. The moon, only but a crescent, shone a glow of pale light, illuminating the whole station. Deciding to stretch my legs i grabbed the handle and pushed the door outwards and jumped down from the height of the black Chevrolet Truck 154 2. I must admit he has a nice car i thought begrudgingly.

Looking around i stepped over the puddle of oil next to the pump and carried on walking around to the front of the truck to stretch my legs. Resting my elbows on the bonnet and leaning back closing my eyes i enjoyed the slight cool breeze; breathing the crisp air in deeply and listening to the zoom of the passing cars on the highway i felt the tiniest bit of peace. Well, i did until i heard a low wolf whistle in front of me. Opening my ice blue eyes i hardened them into a glare, ready to give the intruder of my peace a piece of my mind. Okay so maybe not i thought as i took a look at the five big muscular Werewolves. I could tell this as one; they had an air about them that screamed danger, two; they were silent, i would have heard them approaching if they were human. And three; us humans wouldn't be allowed out here all by oursleves unsupervised. So, these were pretty stupid Were's if they thought i was all by myself. My eyes darted around their figures to see Logan at the checkout. Great, the only time i needed the furball and he ain't here i thought dryly. I just need to keep these talking and wait for him to come out. Yep, sounded like a plan.

Looking back to the one in the center who had a perverted smirk on his face i realised he was the leader as the others kept glancing at him, no doubt wondering what he would do next. I also bet he was the one who whistled. " Well, well.... boys look what we have here", the leader drawled which caused all of them to look me up and down. I felt sick as their gazes didn't waver from my form that was still leant against the hood of the car, giving my self a casual, unaffected appearance. Inside it was different i was shitting myself, i knew these men were up to no good at all. Their many tattoos, not covered by their tank tops, gave them a real dangerous vibe. Pursing my lips i asked them a question, "What do ya want?"

The leader obviously responded taking control of the situation, "Well, that's really up to you Sweetheart." His black kicks' clicked against the tarmac as he took a step towards me. I leaned back even further on the hood of the black truck, my legs uncomfortably pressing on the bumper. Gaining back some of my cofindence i tightly said to him, "I want nothin' from you or your little 'gang', leave me alone man." I used airquotes for the word gang, this just seemed to amuse and anger him as he got a sick spark in his eyes. "Now, now darlin' all i wanna do is help ya, you look a little lost."

I scoffed at him and spat at him, " I don't want your help cause i ain't lost, pup." A growl ripped from his burly chest. I knew i shouldn't have angered him further but right now i could insult a Were without an Alpha getting on my case about it. I wanted to push some barriers even if it resulted in me getting a bit hurt, i felt relief at insulting this Monster for some reason. "Watch that mouth of yours babe, especially as you're all by your lil' self ", he breathed into my face, yes that's how close he had got. If it's possible my ice blue eye's seem to form glaciers as i glared at him. "Well if you weren't such an idiot maybe you would have noticed that i am human which means.....?" I left the question for him to answer. "Ah...you're weak?" he responded with a slight clueless face it made me snigger a bit.

"Buzz!" i made a sound that resembled a buzzer going off. "Wrong. It means i'm not here alone...so if i was you i would go the hell away."

"Ha!" he made the laugh sarcastic, " whoever you're with wont be able to protect you from me." He sneered in my face while trapping me with his tattooed muscular arms. His beefy hands clamping down on the hood. His face so close to mine i smell the stentch of cigeratte and alcohol. I turned up my nose and turned my head, his hand grbbed my jaw roughly and turned my face against my will to face him. He opened that gaping hole of his to no doubt call me another damn endearment but he was interrupted by a snarl. A familiar one that can shake the ground you're stood on. The big idiot turned his head losing his focus so i could wrench my face out of his tight grip.

I rub my aching jaw wondering if it was gonna bruise. "Step away from her rouge, she's with me", his calm and hard voice reached me easily in the stunned silence of the station, woah his pissed i thought. I could hear his anger ready to burst under his deadly calm facade. The Rouge, a Were that isn't in a pack and doesn't believe in following Alpha orders, stepped away from me to step toward Logan who was to my left.

"Well, you ain't doing a very good job. Right, boys?" The Rouge looked around at his fellow companions who grunted or nodded in agreement. "Get in car Mate" i could see Logan losing control as he spoke in small sentences without the right punctuation, i complied with him as i realised i didn't want to see what was going to happen next. Stumbling backwards using the car as my guidance with my hand i reached the passenger side and opened the door. Climbing in i slammed the door closed, when i locked the doors with an echoing click Logan let out a thunderous growl then shifted into his true form.

His fur is a midnight black, covering four muscular legs. His paws triple the size of my hands with gleaming claws. His hackles were raised as he growled deep in his throat, his ears pinned down to his head and his sharp razor teeth snapping at the five rouges who had also changed into their beastly form. His black eyes had a glowing hazel ring round the iris in this form. I layed down on the smooth black leather seat, my hair splaying out around me, and turned on the radio to full blast. The rock music keeping out the howls, yips and growls of pain.