Chapter 21-Introductions-Meet The Parents

A/n- sorry if it's been long. writer's block people :'( it sucks, badly

And I'm gonna be dedicating this to one of you, you have been commenting throughout my story- beginning to end, you deserve it. Even though I ain't seen you comment lately but oh well....still deserve it.

I love this song most probably has no significance to this chapter, but I kept putting it on replay when writing this chapter. I do NOT own this song to clarify, so no intention of copyright at all. You-The Pretty Reckless >>>>

Chapter 21

     We all just stare at each other, feeling so awkward and shocked by this I feel like saying something. Just anything...but I know I most probably shouldn't I think I've already over stepped the mark by just wearing a t-shirt 'to meet and greet the parents'.

    His parents just stare at us with beaming smiles, "You see Vanessa, we have been waiting for our little Logan to meet his mate for ages it seems".

    I just gape at her and all I can stutter out is, "Little?", this woman has seen her son right, there is nothing little about him. They all just chuckle at me like I'm some amusing pet. Jeehz, just laugh at the human.

  Logan, still laughing a bit, points out his mum and says, "Mum, I'd like you to meet Ve, the love of my life and the future bearer of your many grandchildren. Ve, this is my Mum, Melanie Forrest. And my Father, Bruce Forrest."

  I look closely at them both to take in their features, needing something else to think about instead of the way Logan introduced me. The impregnating freak.

  His mother, a slim framed lady that looks in her thirties, but I'm sure she must be older. Her hair is a chestnut colour, pale heart shaped face, full lips and kind bright blue eyes. The complete opposite to Logan, beautifully delicate.

  Looking over to Bruce Forrest I see a handsome man, an older replica of Logan. I stare at him with wide eyes, despite the age difference they could be twins. Same tan, same midnight black hair, same deep set smouldering black eyes. He is muscular for a man who looks in his early forties, a full head of hair and a masculine jaw. Very much like Logan. Except I can see Logan is more muscular, his nose isn't quite as sharp as his Dad's and when Bruce stands up I can see that Logan is even a few inches taller than him.

  Melanie stands up too, to automatically be tucked under her husband's arm. They fit perfectly together; two polar opposites, tall and short, tanned and pale, ying and yang but still soulmates...and both are Werewolf. Me and Logan are opposites...but are we too opposite? Will I let me being a human and him a Werewolf get in the way...the frustratingly sad thing is, I have no answer to that.

  "Well, dear," Melanie is smiling gently at us. I feel uncomfortable under his parents stare, I can see that their judging me, no matter how nice they seem, everyone judges others on first appearances. I smile right back at her, speaking through my teeth as I keep straining a smile, still shell shocked. "Well, it's lovely to meet you both Mr and Mrs Forrest. I'm sorry about my erm...clothing, I have just woken up you see. I'll just quickly freshen up and then I'll start on dinner. Enchilda's okay?" 

  "Ve, don't worry, you look fine, they don't care." Logan tries keeping me in his arms but I tangle myself out of his arms by surprising him with a kiss. Yep, that 'ought to do it. He releases me and I smile at his parents to walk hastily back to the safety of the bedroom. I shut the door and lean on it and let out the huge breath I'd been keeping in. "Ah, fuck."

____________

  After calming my nerves with a quick 5 minute hot shower, I'm dressed in more...appropriate clothing to meet someone's parents. A baggy black t-shirt and light blue straight jeans and socks. I brush the knots out of my hair and wash my face. Looking into my wide blue eyes in the mirror I say, "You can do this."