Chapter Eighteen: The war.....and I'm the total cause of it.

Chapter Eighteen: The war....and I'm the total cause of it.

"But you would lose Chris," I pleaded, both of them were dragging me away from the house deep into the woods, "That's just a casualty I'll have to deal with, I never really wanted him, just the power." Ambrosia said indifferently.

I should've seen this happening sooner, I mean all the unspoken conversation between the two of them, all the...... "Wait, that was your laptop wasn't it?" I exclaimed to Raven.

Her smile faltered, "You were in my room?" she said evenly, but her lips twitched downward, nervously. "Yeah, I was and I saw the chat room you had with you three, AppleB must be Ambrosia, but who was Locusts?" I asked, tauntingly, pretending to know the answer, also really knowing that would get her to admit who it was. "Oh, you'll see him sure enough," she replied sweetly, her smile back to its full potential. Darn it, I silently said to myself.

We reached a clearing, one I wasn't familiar with, and my mouth fell open in shock. The pack wasn't going to live through this; thousands upon thousands of vampires were all waiting there, ready for their orders. All of them looked rigid and their eyes burned with bloodlust, talons extending from their hands and fangs barely visible over slightly ajar lips. An army of vampires all over me and my love matters, great.

One vampire came up to Ambrosia, "Are the orders correct, Lady Ambrosia," he asked politely. His eyes lingered on my throat a little too long for my comfort and I tucked my head in with a simple way of adjusting my eyes to downcast. He growled lightly, "Yes, Fahier, you have permission to go ahead with the attack," she said, her voice elated with the title of 'Lady'.

A hand forced my chin up, and his face leaned into my neck, inhaling my scent deeply, "Can't I just...have a ...small snack first," he moaned, the tip of his nose trailing up and down my neck. "You smell so tempting," he growled in my ear.

A giggle escaped Ambrosia's lips, "Sorry, Fahier, next time, but this piece of property belongs to the Vampire Lord." He reluctantly leaned away, and I released my breath. "You heard the woman, ready for battle," he snapped at the army, and they all fell into formation, going out of the clearing.

Three vampires stayed behind, looking younger than the rest, but still just as vicious and stone faced. "Any last words, before you leave with these fine young gentlemen?" Ambrosia asked sarcastically.

I turned around, and hit her hard enough in the face that I distinctly heard her cheekbone crack, she fell like a rock to the ground, unconscious, "That's for Crispin," then I kicked her in the side, "And that's for me, bitch!" I yelled venomously. The guards chuckled slightly before tugging me away; I was turned away from the scene of Raven desperately trying to wake her up.

At first I was so pleased with how well I punched her that I didn't know I was being put into a steel window, guarded SUV. I bucked and started fighting from their grips, "Settle down, we can do this the easy way or the hard way," one of the vampires whispered in my ear.

"Easy, since when has my life ever been easy, and you just think I'm going to make yours easy, ha," I screamed sarcastically. Then there was a sharp pinch in my upper arm as a needle was injected into my veins. "Jerks," I slurred before unwillingly falling into unconsciousness.

I dreamed, not dreams but pictures. Pictures of my family, Jake, and Chris. Faces I would most likely never see again, all I could hope for was that they would get away safely. Then there were the faces of enemies, Casey, Ambrosia, Raven, Chris's Mom, the vampires that killed my parents. Their pictures burned in flames in my visions, heat licking the edges of the frame, blackening them.

I woke up as I hit a stone hard floor, the cold of it shocking me. I opened my eyes in just enough to see the vampires closing the doors to a cell behind them. The dampness of the floor seeped through my clothes slowly, making me shiver as my body temperature dropped.

I knew I wasn't alone, my eyes travelled to the corner, where a chair stood, and a stooped form was sitting in it. Long hair hung down, covering the person's face, but also identifying them as a girl. Glimmers of sunshine shone through the sole window in the cell, illuminating blonde hair. I took enough notice to recognize that my hands were tied behind my back, but I could barely hold myself back from jumping for her neck.

"Why such a hostile greeting, Kenz?" Casey asked, lifting her head to reveal her smiling lips, points of fangs just poking out. I growled, struggling with the ropes holding me back. "You know, I should have known you would do something like this," I snarled, but her facial expression didn't look scared in the least, in fact I think she looked happier.

Why was suddenly everybody that was cruel and an enemy to me ganging together, against me? My lips pulled back from my teeth in a grimace as my words took no effect. Friends could make the worst of enemies. She didn't answer, just kept that crazed smile on her face, her brilliant eyes scanning my every breath.

"What are you here for?" I growled softly, not bothering to speak in a heard tone for the likes of her, I just wanted answers. This time her smile widened enough I could see the full length of her fangs, pointed at the ends and glistening in the darkness. "I am here to keep watch on you," she said simply, and leaned back into her seat, her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"Watch me do what? Sit here and bore the hours away? That one little window isn't big enough to fit me through, heck; a Chihuahua couldn't fit through it!" I screamed in an outburst, and this time she flinched away from my tone. "I was hired..." she whispered to no one.

Rolling my eyes, "Yeah, I know, my adopted parents hired you to befriend me, too bad I couldn't see the true demon you are inside!"

"No, I was double hired. Your parents wanted nothing but good for you, both sets. They didn't know," her eyes were focused on some unknown place in the air above my head. I felt as if she wasn't even talking to me. I didn't know how long I had been out, but it couldn't have been long because I had none of the repercussions of long term unconsiouncness.

"The war has begun...." Casey murmured.