Chapter Eight: New Wolf....Old Pack....Welcome Home!

Chapter Eight: New Wolf....Old Pack.....Welcome Home!

"A Prophecy too.....anything else?" I asked glumly, how my life had just taken another U-turn and flipped it upside down.

"Well, I can't really fill you in yet, later, promise." I just nodded, staring ahead of me; Jake had fallen asleep, the corn lulling him into boringness past boring. I yawned realizing I was tired to, and squirmed into a more comfortable position and fell quickly asleep.

"Wake up, come on Kenz, we're here." Crispin said, shaking my shoulder lightly. My eyes shot open, and my body felt re-energized. It was kind of odd, it was like I had been plugged into a charger and my battery was now full, weird...

"Where are we exactly?" I said getting out of the car, and gazing around at the forest surrounding us, the bright greens and browns feeling at home and peaceful. It almost made me miss the forest at home with Cynthia and George. A tear slipped down my cheek as I unbuckled a still unconscious Jake, he snored softly, making me smile.

I picked him up in my arms as Chris started to unload the trunk, taking all the luggage in his arms effortlessly. "Well, we are at my...our old pack. We will just have to walk a little further before we get to the town."

"Town?"

"Yeah, this is the largest establishment of werewolves in one place, the largest pack. We take up a whole town, kinda crazy at get-to-gathers, but worth it in the end." He gave me a tentative smile as he started walking towards the dense woods.

Watching him go, I almost didn't follow him because I had been staring at the back of his head. His shaggy black hair bouncing lightly on the top of his neck, perfectly fitting in with his finely tanned skin. He seemed like a god walking among humans, I don't know how I had managed to sit in a car for hours upon end with him without going crazy. I quickly caught up to him, blushing lightly for thinking such thoughts; he was just my rescuer, nothing too deep.

But my heart contracted as he started getting a lead, and moving farther. Was I in love? Who knows, I've never been before, so goodness knows, but he was the only one sticking there with me through my recent troubles.

What was I kidding; I'd only known him for a week, and out of that, only known his name for a day. I battled with myself internally, only walking subconsciously, carefully observing Chris's head. I didn't even notice when he pushed through a denser part of foliage, and took a step into brighter light. I followed him, blinking rapidly in the bright light; all I could see was shadows of people.

Slowly my eyes re-focused and a small village showed up, people bustling around with children in tow, or chattering softly. I stopped frozen, feeling extremely out of place, and it was a good ten paces before Chris noticed I did.

"Come it's alright, they won't bite." He whispered softly, while giving me a smile that made my heart melt. Why were all these feelings coming in suddenly, weren't people who fell in love supposed to slowly feel the increase in affection. But no, this hit me like a brick wall, smack dab in the face.

I nodded grimly and walked further, keeping extremely close in step to Chris, partly hiding behind his form, Jake shifted in my arms, but didn't rouse from his sleep. I hugged him closer to my chest, trying to hide his body as best as I could from onlookers. This place sent chills up my spine, like a long-forgotten nightmare come to life.

"Hey, Alpha Crispin's back!" a little boy yelled, his voice high pitched with young age, a huge grin plastered on his face as he tugged his father's sleeve. The father immediately turned to both of us, and an identical smile to his son's came across his face, as he excused himself from the conversation he had been in with a fellow guy.