The Party Invitation!

Khushi POV
Hey Devi Maiyya why Jeeji always does this? Why is she so shy and not extrovert like little old me? I wish she had the guts to confess to our family about her lover Akaashji. These two introverts have been seeing each other for almost 6 months now. Akaashji is scared of his stern mother annd Jeeji is scared of Buaji. Only I am aware about their hidden affair.
And now she wants me to lie to our dear Buaji that both of us are going to a Satsang. As if!?!  Actually she got an invite from Akaashji to be his guest for a party. What is it called...yes date. And I am forced to tag along orelse Buaji will get super suspicious. I will feel like a third wheel in between the two for sure. However, it will be fun. A party means socializing with people and eating lots and lots of food. Hayyye. I am feeling hungry all of a sudden now. I was about to head towards the kitchen when Buaji walked inside. She just came back from the temple. Time to act Khushi Kumari Gupta.

"Arey Buaji. Give me your bag. It must be heavy. Do you want some water?" I tried to act all hospitable towards her. But this made her give me a look. Yeah right...I never do such a thing its always Jeeji who does such kind of talks. Ughhh. You are dead Khushi.
"Sankadevi are you alright? Why are you talking like Payaliya today? Are you sick oe something?"

Huh..I am done for good.

"No. Not at all Buaji. Actually I was thinking since Amma and Bauji are so busy with our sweets business in Lucknow..me and Jeeji should..yes...we should pray for our business to grow..." I said casually.
"Yes. Definitely. My Shashi Babuas business should continue to grow everyday. Its a really good idea. Do one thing Parmeshwari you go to tomorrows Satsang. Both you and Payalia go together and come home quickly. Okay?" She said with a sigh of satisfaction.

I felt like dancing hearing her words. Wow DM this is perfect. Awesome. Now all I need to do is inform Jeeji and then we will do the preparations for the party. Yuhooo.

Arnav POV

"I dont give a DAMN Aman. Its final. We are done with this tender. I work only with my kind of people. Who do not compromise on quality and show complete efficiency. Dont make me repeat my words."
With that I dismissed my manager and then got busy in checking my mails.

A knock on the door broke my concentration, irritating me to no end. But before I could react Akaash my brother had stepped inside my cabin with a sheepish smile.
"Sorry to disturb you Bhai. But I need to talk to you about something."
He said in his quiet voice.

He and Di have been my support constantly in life. I dont speak much. But these two understand my silence more than me. When the darkness of my past haunts me greatly these two dont leave a stone unturned to make me smile. Even if it is half a smile. I appreciate their efforts and concern. Nani though is a totally different story. She wants me to get settled in life. She wants me to get married now. And we are at loggerheads about this issue. Marriage to me is nothing but a compromise which results in hurt and pain. Thats what led to Mammas suicide. And I wont repeat the same mistake. Falling in love...marriage...kids. All this is crap. I avoid Nani at all costs now. Only Akaash and Di have accepted me for who I am.

"Its fine. I am never busy for family you know it. Come on. Spit it out. What is it?" I said being all straight forward. Knowing very well this is the only way to make him speak up.
"Bhai actually I am bringing a friend along with me to our colleague Mr. Bakshi's party tomorrow. And I was wondering if you could join us too. I want to introduce my friend to my family. And I will feel more comfortable to start with you..." Akaash's words did not make any sense.
"Why do you want to introduce this friend to...Oh!" I exclaimed understanding who he wanted to introduce to me. He had once told me he was dating a girl. I am sure this is her.

"Its her right? No problem Akaash. I will join the party. After tomorrows meeting I will come directly to the meeting. Alright." I said with a smirk. My brother was blushing at the moment. God thats weird. Thank god I dont believe in love. Orelse I too will look like a fool.
"Thanks a lot Bhai. You made my day. I will wait for you to join us at the party tomorrow." With a small smile Akaash left my cabin.

Khushi POV

"Khushi see this saree..is this color alright? What do you think? Stop smiling Khushi...aur hamein bta yeh rang theek hai kya? Akaashji ko acha lgega kya?"(and tell me is this looking okay? Will Akaashji like this?)
"Jeeji relax. Breath. Its just a party. And I know..tum jo bhi pehenogi usmein hamesha ki tarah thaayein hi lgogi"(whatever you will wear you will look pretty in it as always).

"Actually Akaashji will introduce me to his brother. So I am just feeling jittery." Jeeji said with a blush.
"Oooooooooo...wow Jeeji. Jeeju is introducing you to his family already. Soon he will come with baraat to our house too." I said elbowing her in the stomach lightly to tease her. Jeeji turned all red hearing my comment.
"Khushiii you..." and then she chased me all around the house while Buaji kept muttering HRNK.

Devi Maiyya. I want my Jeeji to remain like this always. Help her out will you. Give Akaashji the courage to speak to his family. I am sure by tomorrow things will be good. Maybe Jeejus brother is sensible enough to ensure that these two love birds need help. Khushi said all this to her DM...

Alas...Devi Maiyya had already signed Payal and Akaashs fate. However, surprisingly Khushi Kumari Gupta has no idea that her fate is entwined with a tortured soul. Too dark to understand even himself. Will Fire and Ice be able to coexist together? That is the trick question?

At the Party Venue-

All three of us were about to enter the Party when as usual something unnexpected happened with lil old me. My new chappal got ripped after I accidently tripped over a stone. Devi Maiyya you always do this to me. Akaashji and Jeeji stopped to help me but then surprisingly I saw a show repairer sitting on the end of the street.
"Jeeji look there is a cobbler over there. Thanks to DM. Now you two go inside dont stop on my account this will take only a minute. I will join you guys okay?" I said in my usual chirpy style.
"But Khushi will you be able to..?" Jeeji asked worriedly. However, I stopped her in the middle.
"Yes Jeeji you go ahead I will find you easily. Now go." After a lot of assurance she agreed and I walked back to get my chappal fixed.

Sometime later I entered the party but to my shock it was a grand scale celebration. Devi Maiyya is this a party hall or a mansion. Chill Khushi Kumari Gupta. Just look around you will find Jeeji and Jeeju soon enough. I was about to start my hunt when my eyes fell on a waiter who was making juices for the guests. Hmm. He might help. His nametag read Banke Lal.
"Suniye BankeLal ji...aap to Lucknow ke lag rhe hain. Hum bhi wahi ke hain humara naam Khushi hai..." and thats how we became friends in just a few minutes. A while later.
"...oh I see. Which is the best creation of yours Banke Lal ji? I want to drink the speciality of yours." I asked coolly.
"Khushiji why dont you try my orange and waterlemon special. Here taste it." He offered me a tasty glass of juice which I gulped in one go.

And it was then that I remembered why I came here. Uh oh. I need to find Jeeji.
"Thank you Banke Lal ji. But now I have to go and find my Jeeji. By the way did you see any lady in a green saree walk by from here?" I asked in a rush. And he told me to go to the end of the hall. With a thank you I dashed in the said direction.

10 minutes had gone by in my stupidity and here I was looking around for Jeeji like a fool. I did not even carry my phone with me today. Ughh. I was so engrossed in cursing myself that I did not realize how someone was standing really close to me. I turned only to notice that a drunk man stood admiring me like a fool.
"Come on baby. You look lonely. Want to dance with me?"
DM help me. I feel like puking watching the creep.
"No thank you. I dont want to dance. You can ask someone else."
Saying so I walked away and continued my mission impossible..of finding Jeeji.

I looked around almost everywhere but still could not find her. Where is she? Akaashji is also nowhere.
"Baby...I am asking you again. Why dont we dance? Come on dont be shy." He said while his hand was in the air trying to touch mine.
"No. I said I am not interested. Go away." Saying so I ran away from the creep.

Jeeji where are you?
I looked behind me only find the creep staring at me weirdly. Devi Maiyya I have to do something now. Think Khushi. Come on. Think.
And that is when I saw a man standing in the corner in a grey suit texting on his phone. He is one. This is DMs signal Khushi.

Signal pakkad le Khushi..yehi hai jo ab tujhe bachayega(Catch the signal Khushi...he is the only one who will help you now).

Without any second thought I ran and hugged him tightly to myself.
The man stiffened in shock. But for me right now saving myself from that creep was more important...