Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Dinner came a hour or so after my fight and we was told that the next fight would be tomorrow. Which was nice to know that I could not worry about having a fight tonight. When dinner time came two men walked into our cells, we were told we had to stand in the corner with our hands on our heads and face the wall before they enter. One man came in with a gun and pointed it at us whilst he other put a tray on the floor, after they would leave. If you didn't do anything wrong or say anything they didn't speak to you and you wouldn't get beat or abused by the guards. The food was as basic as it comes really, all we had was some canned tomato soup in a plastic bowl that was just about warm and a plastic cup of water.

Just after dinner and the men collected the empty trays and such, everyone's tvs came on and a man was speaking to us on the plain blue tv screen. "Hello again everyone, what a day it's been, today we had fifteen fights which means 35 of you remain. So let's look at the highlights of each of the fights today. One by one in order on the tv screen they showed each fight and they talked about each person that died. "Out first fight was between Kyle and Billy, Billy won and he killed Kyle a 20 year old boy in university studying to be film director". I was dreading it the whole way through to see my fight and the boy I killed. "Next we have Jake Vs Riley, and because Jake won his best friend lives to see another day, Riley was a 17 year old boy in college studying business. I burst out crying when I saw myself murder Riley, and knowing that I didn't just kill him I killed his loved one too. I banged on the wall and cried, thinking about what a horrible thing I did I wanted to leave and go home even though I was being mentally tortured.

Zeb wouldn't let me just lay around and wait for my next fight tomorrow he started to train me, he told me to do push ups in my cell to gain some strength. The man in the cell in front of me decided to help me as well. I found out he hasn't had a fight yet but he was called Manuel, he had dark brown hair and a small brown beard, very good looking and looked like he was in his mid thirties. Smaller than Zeb but still had some muscle on him. Manuel showed me a few fighting moves from his cell, I couldn't see them all that well since I had to look through my hole across the corridor and then through his hole. However he explained what he was doing and I got the gist of what he was teaching me. The boy on the left to Manuel helped me too, his name was Rafael an Italian boy who was 20. He was the smallest with muscle out of the men helping me but still looked like he could throw a punch. He had slightly tanned skin and black hair. Finally the last boy who decided to join in and help me through the night was a boy called Josh, he was also 20 and was the second biggest in muscle out of the guys. Josh had very short brown hair, and was rather tall with his very big arms. Each of the guys helped me through most of the night. So I ended up not getting a lot of sleep, but I felt like I had learned a lot, new moves and hopefully I gained at least a bit of strength.

I think I got around five hours sleep that night I finished at 3am and it took me about an hour to fall asleep. It wasn't easy when I couldn't stop thinking about Riley. However I awoke at 9am to be told I had to stand facing the corner with my hands on my head for breakfast. It was again basic, four pieces of buttered bread and water that was it. It wasn't on my list of best breakfasts I can tell you that. The fights began at 9:30am but Zeb and the other guys all started training together, well I say together but I mean in there own cells talking to each other, doing push ups and discussing moves. Of course I joined I couldn't afford not to. But then at 10:20am Manuel was buzzed for his first fight. So we all watched from our cells to hope that he lives.

Manuel Vs Daniel

Manuel got beat up a bit, received a few punches to the face and got his head smacked against the brick wall a couple of times. However Manuel did manage to win in the end by smacking Daniel in the face so hard he hit the ground. At that point Manuel repeatedly punched Daniel in the face, I saw the blood covering Daniels entire smashed in face. I found the blood a little much as I was watching, Manuel smacking his face and with every punch blood hit the floor dripping from his face.