Chapter 3

*Unedited*

I hope you are enjoying this story so far!

Vote and Comment! It means a ton! :)

Chapter 3

She had just gotten back from work and felt extremely tired.

According to her doctor, her morning sickness should have started getting better now, but it was far from it. She woke up with the feeling of uneasiness in her stomach and was soon out of the bed, sleep long forgotten, as she puked her brains out. The doctor had then prescribed her some medicines that would make her feel better and give her a much wanted relief from morning sickness. Also, she knew she probably should get an ultrasound to make sure everything was okay with the baby but she was currently short on money. Her rent was overdue and lord new she was trying but the expenses just didn't stop.

She sat on the worn out couch that had come with the place she lived in. It was basically a small little room-her house- with a pillow and blankets in a corner on the floor. She usually slept on the couch though, it was better than sleeping on the floor even though it was quite small. Her fingers massaged her forehead as she thought of the expenses that were about to hit her like a massive wave in the next few months. She probably should work two jobs to save as much as money as possible for the days she wouldn't be able to work in the future because of the pregnancy.

She looked at the bag of left over food she'd brought from the restaurant she worked in. She didn't get many tips working there, but beggars can't be choosers. However, the manager was nice enough to give away any food that they didn't sell by the end of the day.

She emptied the brown bag of food on a paper plate. "We have burger and fries for dinner today, baby." She smiled and placed a hand on her belly. "Not the best option though." She said her thoughts out loud while frowning. "Mommy must try to eat healthy for you."

Just when she was about to take the first bite of some proper food since breakfast, there was a loud knock on the door. She groaned and checked the clock which showed that it was almost 8 PM.

'Who was here to visit her at this time?' She questioned herself. Hoping it wasn't her landlord demanding money, she opened the door.

She took one look at the person standing in front of her and almost wished it was her landlord. Almost. But nothing prepared her for the shock of having Luke standing outside her door.

"What do you want?" Her question held a hint of anger. Apart from the residual of want she felt for him and their unborn baby, there was nothing between them. He definitely didn't want her again, she thought. And he definitely didn't want to have a baby with someone he barely knew, so why was he here? He had no reason to be.

Luke felt like his world had turned upside down when he'd held in hand the report of the paternity test. It was his baby. Bianca hadn't lied after all. He had convinced himself so well that she was using him for money that the results had punched the breath right out of his lungs. It had forced him to put all the business calls on hold and cancel all his appointments for almost 2 hours because he just couldn't get himself in terms with the situation.

The woman he desired...with whom he had spent a night so passionate that just the thought of it made him lose control, was carrying his child. His baby. His heir.

He moved closer, which made her step aside, allowing him to enter the room she called home. "This is where you live?" he questioned incredulously.

"I am here aren't I? Then yes, I live here." She snapped, unhappy to have him at her place...maybe. No, she wasn't unhappy. More like surprised. Why was he here?