Prologue

Author's Note: (PLEASE READ before you progress!!!!!!! I have been getting several messages about the question that I've already answered here)

December 27, 2015

Dear Reader,

The Billionaire's Heir is now a private story because I came across a couple of users who were trying to copy scenes from my book. This is my way of regulating who reads this book. In order to read beyond the prologue, follow me (you can always unfollow me once you are done reading), remove and re-add the story to your library. If that doesn't work then log off and log back into your Wattpad account.

Lastly, if you still have any issues reading the rest of the story don't hesitate to contact me! :)

Thank you for giving my story a chance. I really hope you enjoy Luke and Bianca's journey!

Best,

Ruchika

Prologue

"One week. You have one week before we marry."

"What?" Bianca shook her head and looked at him like he was crazy. "Listen, it's one thing to share custody of the child...but marriage? You've got to be joking. You're kidding, right?" Luke noticed how her voice sounded almost hopeful at the end of that sentence. Unfortunately for her, he was as serious as ever.

"Sorry, love. Not a chance. I think the best thing to do in our situation is to get married." He checked his watch like this was just another one of his stupid business meetings. It infuriated her.

"You can't just decide that!" She exclaimed with furrowed brows and a frowned mouth. Her mouth, Luke wondered, casually stealing a glance. It was quite...expressive. He had to force himself to focus on the matter at hands. Was he insane to suggest marriage? Absolutely. One hundred percent. But he couldn't help but think about how incredibly mind-boggling it was that after his parents marriage fell apart, all he ever wanted to do was provide a home for his own child, with both the parents and without having to jump from one parent's place to another. Now he had Bianca standing in front of him, pregnant with his child. How could he agree to what she is saying and change who he is and what he stands by?

"Of course I can," he replied. "How do you think you'll take care of my child financially?"

"I... I-" She didn't say anything. That was one thing she couldn't defend against. "I'll figure it out. I'll work twice as hard. And I would appreciate it if you provided child support. We can make this happen." She rambled.

"I'll provide all the financial support in the world. But it's contingent to one thing. You'll marry me. " He tone left no room for debate. The sooner they got over this conversation the better. At the risk of coming off as a jerk, he'd make sure his child isn't born a bastard.

Bianca barely knew this guy, there was no way she was becoming his wife!

But you still slept with him, she kicked herself mentally. And now she was tied to him forever, marriage or no marriage.

He sighed when she didn't say anything. He could practically see the wheels turning in her head. She was trying to think up literally any scenario that would make him drop the marriage idea. So, in order to try and make her understand where he was coming from, he said, "I don't want my kid to grow up getting dropped off from your place to mine. That's no way of bringing up a child."

She clenched her teeth together. "You want to marry me just for the baby? You know what a marriage means, right?"

"Yes, I know what a marriage means," he retorted, matching her level of irritation. "But it doesn't change a thing. Look, we could sit here all day and have this discussion but nothing is going to change. This is what it boils down to. Yes or no, Bianca?"

She felt anger and pride bubble within her like molten lava. However, she had no other choice. After today she might not even have a place to live because she couldn't afford to pay the rent.

There was no doubt that she'd give this child her all. But she did have to think practically. Afterall, it was what she had been doing all her life. As a mother, all that she wanted was the best for her unborn baby. If marrying Luke Salvay meant that their baby would have a stable environment to grown up in, then was this too big of a sacrifice?

She took a moment to think it through. But no amount of thinking would help her figure out the right thing to do. She would just be going round and round in circles. Her only option was to take this plunge. She had already made things difficult for herself. She didn't think anything else could make it worse. If it doesn't work out, then at least they would have tried.

"Fine." She said with reluctance. "I'll marry you."

__

Want to continue reading this story? Please make sure you read the note I left at the beginning of this prologue.

-Ruchika