Protection

They all looked at me in confusion. Ian was the first to get it, sort of. "You contacted some animals!"

"Sort of." I said. Then they all looked stumped, "I contacted some werewolves." They continued to look at me, dumbfounded. "A werewolf named Connor and his pack will be coming to help us soon. I don't know how far away they're coming from though, so it would be a while."

Now that I was done talking with Connor, and he was done pissing me off, my mind returned to my now-dead parents. I wanted to go and hunt down whoever had killed them, but I knew it was pointless and unsafe. We all knew who had killed them: The Shadows. Anyway, they would be coming to us. Maybe not immediately, but very soon, they would be trying to break down our barriers so they could attack and kill us. Charlotte needed to reinforce our magical barriers. I turned to her, "Char, have you reinforced the borders yet?"

She turned to look at me, her eyes widened, "No, I have to..." She trailed off as she ran towards her room. I looked at the others.

Ian watched her leave before looking back at me, "Could you go with her, make sure she's okay?" I nodded and ran after her. I followed her to her room. She had left the door open so I followed her in. She was weaving a new pattern that was so intricate that it was over an inch thick.

Her protective spells were pretty much really long friendship bracelets except they were more intricate and the fact that she had made everything herself. She made her own thread, from scratch. At first there was nothing, then she created her thread, which she stored and made into spells when she needed too. The spells always had more magic put into them too. She had just started a new one, but her fingers were so fast that she had already made an inch of tightly woven and knotted thread.

I stood and watched her for about five minutes before she noticed my presence. "Hey," she murmured and rested her fingers in her lap. Now she had about ten inches of the spell done. She looked up at me. "This one can block almost anything." She said. "No one unwanted can get through it. It's practically a force field. It even goes over the top so they can't bomb us from above. Nothing can get to us. But I want to go out there. I want to kill them all. If only I could find a way to make the force field offensive, I could do some serious damage."

I embraced her, "You've already done so much. You will keep us safe until we have the power to destroy them."