The Mystic Falls sign looks better in flames.

Amber's POV

The first thing I came aware of was the thick aura of smoke filling my nostrils. I groaned and slowly opened my eyes, it took a moment to focus but when I did.... Oh lord, nothing would be able to quench to hatred and boiling anger that radiated from the pit of my stomach.

I didn't wince when I slowly got to my feet, the shattered glass that covered the ground around me dug into my hands as I pushed myself up. Not two meters away was my once beautiful car. It was turned over, parts of her had torn off when it rolled several times, spread out in all directions. I had flown through the front window, with my lack of seat beat on and all.

"Who..." I whispered, I turned quickly, hearing the distant screeching of tires. My look became deadly, I walked toward my totaled car, flicking my hands, the little shards of glass flying everywhere. After a tug, the boot flew open, after I grabbed the duffel bags I left my baby. I smelt the car petrol and the familiar heat of fire, I knew my baby was going to explode.

I sighed, when I heard the explosion. I'd be about five hundred meters away now, taking one last pained glance at the blackened, burning, smoking car, I made my way toward the town. I had half the heart to burn the sign saying 'Welcome to Mystic Falls'.

"What kind of an asshole hits me and drives off?" I said aloud, wiping the blood from my hands, "I mean, the stuff I heard about this place, every ones so caring and in your business. Sure, the Vampires may cause a bit of havoc but come on! Who hits a car with their own for no apparent reason?"

I kept talking to myself for the rest of the walk to town, well, the nearest house anyway. As I walked down the driveway I continually rubbed my hands together, getting the excess blood off my palms, my cut hands had long since healed by now. Just as whoever's house started coming into view, I ducked to the side, covered by the large trees, I crouched down and pushed both my duffel bags under a large root, concealing it.

My heels never made a sound as I reached the large, oak door. Just as I was about to knock, the door swung open, revealing a man. He brown hair and matching eyes, he looked rather rugged and slightly dirty. My nosed twitched, he smelt of dog and death.

The mans eyes widened and before I had a chance to speak, he yanked me inside at inhuman speed, of course I'd have stopped him, but I was sincerely surprised by this mans actions.

"What the hell." I growled, as he pushed me into a large living room. I stumbled slightly, I may have healed physically from the crash, but my body was tired.

"Look what I found, Klaus." The man said, before walking away.

I watched him, glaring holes into his head, before I registered what he had said. Slowly I turned around again, for the first time I realized I wasn't alone in the room. Two men stood before me, one wearing an expensive suit, he had dark short brown hair and matching eyes, and the other had dark blonde hair, nearly brown, he wore more casual clothes.

Both were very handsome, and dangerous.

I smelt the danger radiating from them, automatically I straightened my posture, glaring at them slightly. "Who might you two be?"

"Why did you change your appearance?" The blonde one mused, his British accent was clear as he tilted his head.

I gave him a confused look, "I haven't the fainest idea who the hell you two are, nor do I care. I only came here because some bloody asshole hit me and my car rolled. Not twenty minutes I've been in this place and complete strangers accusing me of changing my appearance!" I raged, throwing my hands in the air, "for the love of god, this is why I left America in the first place."