A secret that was never whispered

All rights reserved to the producers of the Vampire Diaries and Lilly-JoElliott, 2014, do try NOT to copy this insanely beautiful story ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cascading blonde hair, vibrant blue eyes... Not what you'd picture as a Petrova Doppelganger. But the thing is, Amber Petrova is Elena Gilbert's older twin sister, separated at birth in fear that more then one existing Doppelganger would catch the attention of too many.

Amber's eyes used to be brown, as was her hair. But unlike Elena, who learned of the existence of Vampires from the legendary Ripper, Stefan Salvatore, Amber has known about them all her life, though, she wasn't aware what it really meant to be a Doppelganger, only that she knew she was one and that it was dangerous to be.

There is something else though, not only did Amber know about the Supernatural, she is a Vampire Hunter, slaying them was easily classed as second nature to her. So, like many rather unfortunate others, Mystic Falls fell onto her radar.

Not at all expecting her seemingly long lost twin to be there, as well as a new species, mixed between Werewolves and Vampires roaming around. No one ever knew of Amber's existence, it wasn't because of the fear her true parents felt after giving birth to the two of them. No, there was a darker, more twisted reason as to why her existence was never mentioned to any soul...

So when she does appear in Mystic Falls, every ounce of attention is on her, especially a certain Original Hybrid. Was it only because of Amber's ever flowing blood was his newest blood supply and her inability to die by the hands of anyone? Or was it a much deeper connection, an attraction of sorts that Klaus Mikaelson just couldn't shake off, no matter how hard he tried to push it in the deepest, darkest parts of his mind.

"Amber Petrova, what new drama have you produced this time?"