Chapter 9

Sorry I haven’t updated in like……forever. Ha-ha! Please don’t be mad? Also, Thank you guys for getting me too 6,206 reads!! It means a lot!<3 I love my readers. 

PS: I actually know the right way to write now, so this one should be better than the rest.

        Courtney’s POV:

        A loud, almost deafening scream found a way to pass my lips. Chaz and I have been watching movies all night. We’ve watched movies ranging from Toy Story, all three, to all the Saw movies. Right now we are on our third scary movie, Paranormal Activity 2; and Chaz keeps laughing every time I jump, or get scared. I spent most of the movie with my face tucked into Chaz chest, so I don’t honestly know what really happened in it. “Thank god it’s over!” I cheered, uncovering my face.    

        Chaz just laughed at my excitement, “It really wasn’t that scary you know.” He mocked, trying to copy my scared face. I just glared, and scooted to the other end of the couch, away from him. His laughter ceased once he realized I moved. “Hey why are you over there?”

        “You were making fun of me.” I pouted, sticking my lip out like what a 5 year old would do.

        “No! It was cute. Plus I liked holding you, when you needed me too!” His cheeks burned a crimson color.

        When I didn’t move, he slid along the couch to where I was and sat there for a minute. After realizing I was still not listening he lifted a finger to my cheek and poked me. He did it again, causing the corners of my mouth to twitch. I could feel the smile forming on my face, but I stopped it before it could spread and consume my face. Another small jab to my face released the smile I struggled to keep hidden.

“There it is! That beautiful smile of yours I was looking for!” He pulled me in to his chest as we rested back on the couch.

“You sir, are a pain in my bum.” I said, resting my head on his chest, and closing my eyes.

“That’s true, but I’m your pain in the bum.”

“Yes you are! But I love you anyway.”

He just laughed, while I snuggled closer to him. “I love you too.”

His arms wrapped around me tighter, and we just sat like that laying on the couch wrapped up in each other’s arms. I sighed in content; nothing could ruin this moment. This feeling of happiness stirred inside of me. I haven’t been this happy in years. I’m lucky to have a boyfriend and best friend like Chaz, and another best friend like Ryan.

“Courtney? Are you home, sweetie?” My mom’s voiced called through the house.

“Yup! I’m in the living room with Chaz.” I lifted my weight off of him, causing him to whine in distaste of my action.

Footsteps sounded after the closing of the front door. The keys that were believed to be in my mother’s hands before, landed with a clink on the little table in the front hallway. “How has your night been, Mrs. Sherman?” Chaz asked her when she walked into view.

“It went very well. The girls told me to say hello for them.” She said coming over to sit on the single chair.

“That’s good! Tell them I said hello, for next Saturday.” I smiled.

My mom and the girls she works with go out every Saturday night to go have fun. It was a nice little ritual. She needs to go out. I want to help her find a man so she isn’t lonely anymore. She doesn’t know that I know, but I know she wishes she had someone that will treat her like gold. Someone who would protect her from anything, or anyone.

“Well I’m going to bed you guys. It’s twelve PM. Are you staying the night Chaz?” She asked turning to him while getting up out of the chair.

I turned to face him waiting for an answer. He turned to me then to my mother. “If its okay with you can I stay the night?” He asked politely.

That’s one of the things I love about him. He is polite to my mother, he respects her too. He knows how to make me laugh even if I’m in the worst mood. Everything he does brings a smile to my face. I don’t need gifts or flowers all the time; I just want to know he feels the same way about me that I feel towards him.

“That’s fine by me. I just don’t want any funny business, Mr.” She wagged her finger at us; More so him, but at me too.

MOM!” I screamed feeling my face already heat up. She just cackled and when upstairs to bed. “Good-Night, I love you!” I called, quiet sarcastically, after her. She called it back to me and Chaz before closing the door to her room.

“Do you wanna sleep down here tonight? We can get sheets and blankets, to cuddle up in. Let’s make a fort!” I suggested bouncing on the heels of my feet.

He smiled and agreed, then helped me go find the things we need to make our amazing fort.

I know it’s really short, but it’s better than nothing right? I hope you like it! This is just a short update to see if you are still interested, plus its 1 o’clock (AM) where I live and I am getting too tired to continue, but I wanted to update so here is what I could come up with.