Chapter 14

Chapter 14
AN: Prepare for a lot of drama and enjoy the chapter!

A knock sounded from the door and Buttercup got up.
"Are you guys expecting other people? Or am I about to let a stranger in?" Bubbles giggled at her sister's question and Blossom answered.
"You know them." The raven haired girl nodded and walked to the door. Upon opening it, she came face to face with the very man who got her into her situation.
She looked at all of the people at her door with puffy eyes and stopped at her counterpart, who was holding her daughter.
"Buttercup, are you okay?" Boomer spoke up from the back in honest concern for his sister in law. She offered an obviously fake smile and fully opened the door.
"Yeah! I'm great! Come in!" The three boys stepped inside the house and their jaws dropped. Rika was the only one who could speak.
"Wow! This is just like the house I said I liked!" The young mom sent her daughter another fake smile.
"I know. That's why I bought it." With that, she turned around and walked back to her family. The boys looked to each other and Butch put down his daughter.
"Go talk to your mom." She nodded and ran off in the direction of the green puff. Her counterpart turned to his brothers with concern on his face.
"Guys she's in trouble. I remember that stupid fake smile from that time in high school when she tried to kill herself. I know I seemed pretty dead set on hating her, but I miss my best friend and I can't just let her do this to herself. Vanessa helped me realize that I played a pretty big part in this mess and I'll be damned if anything happens to her." The two brothers looked to each other and then back to their brother.
"We were hoping you would come to your senses eventually. Go talk to her." Butch nodded and walked in the direction she had walked off in. He saw his daughter talking to her two aunts, showing off her new puppy that Bubbles was fawning over.
"Oh my god she's so cute!" Butch chose that time to step in.
"Rika, I thought you were going to talk to your mom." She looked up to her dad with an innocent look.
"I was going to, but I wanted to show Aunt Bubbles and Aunt Blossom my new puppy first!" Butch frowned and looked to her sisters.
"Do you two know where she went? I need to talk to her." They both had an uneasy look on their faces.
"Please. It's important." Blossom saw the genuine desperation in his eyes and nodded.
"She said she's going outside by the pool." Butch looked at the ginger like she was crazy.
"She's swimming? It's freezing outside!" He immediately ran to the sliding glass door and saw her small form in a bikini, sitting on the diving board. He looked over her body and admired her from the deck.
"So are you just supervising or did you actually want to come down here and talk?" She spoke just loud enough for him to barely hear her. He swallowed the lump in his throat and walked down to the pool.
"It's a little cold to be swimming. Don't you think?" She didn't take her gaze from the water as she responded.
"I came out here to cool off a bit." Butch walked a little closer, but stopped when he got a few yards from her.
"Is there room for two on the diving board?" For the first time since he had been out here, she looked up at him. He flinched from the genuine heartbreak in her eyes. She didn't respond, but scooted closer to the end and patted the spot behind her.
He moved behind her and sat down behind her, straddling the board. He caught sight of the Moon cycle that went down her back. He reached forward slowly and gently ran his fingers over it. She flinched at his touch, and the green ruff pulled his hand away.
"Sorry. It's just... interesting." He heard her let out a breath.
"No, I'm sorry. I just... haven't been touched in a while." Her voice was quiet and empty.
"Buttercup? Why a moon cycle?" She took a shaky breath and looked up to the sky.
"I've always been interested in space. You know, the stars, the moon, and all the other shit that's up there. I wanted to study astrology, but... I never really got the chance." She sighed and looked back down to the pool.
"You still can." She dipped her foot in the water and swirled the water.
"I don't really care enough to actually bother anymore, but maybe in another life I might have." Butch nodded sadly and reached towards her back again. This time she didn't flinch and allowed him to trace down her back.
"I'm sorry." He stopped his hand at the full moon.
"What?" He could feel her heartbeat getting faster.
"Don't make me say it again." He smiled at her attitude, hoping her old self was coming back a little.
"Buttercup, none of this should be on you. If anything I should be sorry. I was a total dick about the whole thing and didn't even think about how you could've felt." He finished tracing her tattoo and continued to feel around her back. He froze as he felt a large scar on the middle of her back. She flinched and turned to face him.
She had an unreadable look in her eyes.
"That's enough." She stood up and Butch caught a glance of a similarly sized scar in the middle of her well toned stomach before she dived into the freezing pool. His eyes widened and he looked at the place she entered the cold water.
He let out a shaky breath when she popped out of the water and got out of the pool and walked to the jacuzzi that was right behind them. The young father looked over her body as she walked, licking his lips. The skimpy black bikini she was wearing only showed off her gorgeous curves even more than usual.
He snapped himself out of his thoughts and followed her to the hot tub.
"Buttercup? Where did you get that scar from?" She stiffened and turned to face him, her green eyes full of panic.
"It's not important, just pretend you never saw it." Butch clenched his jaw.
"Like hell I'm gonna ignore that! Talk to me Buttercup." She glared at him and snarled.
"Talk to your new girlfriend! Why the fuck are you even here anyways?" He knew she was trying to change the subject.
"Buttercup don't do this. Just talk to me." She looked away from Butch and to the steaming water.
"Why do you care? You have our daughter and you got her a new mom. Just cut me out of the fucking picture already." All the man could think was that his ex was right. What had he done to her?
"It's not like that B." She flinched at the name and turned on him with a watery glare.
"Don't call me that." He frowned and felt his chest ache at her hostility.
"Is there really that bad of a story behind that scar that you're building up your walls again? I thought we were getting somewhere, but I guess you're the same stubborn girl you were when you ran away like a fucking bitch! I was only trying to be nice and you're being so hostile! If you were wondering why you're always alone, this is why!" He glared at her back, but his nasty look melted into a horrified one once he realized what he had just said to her. His guilt only grew when he noticed her body spasm slightly with an almost inaudible sob.
"Leave me the fuck alone then." He heard a waver in her voice and took a step forward, resting a hand on her shoulder.
"No... B I'm s-" She jerked away from him and kept her back facing him.
"Don't fucking touch me and don't fucking call me that! Don't act like you're still my best friend and then say shit like that to me! Even five years ago you fucking did this! I actually loved you asshole, but you fucking yelled at me, called me a slut and told me to get out of your room! Just go away and stop acting like you actually care because you never fucking did!" His breathing became uneven. He did this to her.
"Buttercup, no! It's not like that! You have to believe me!" She didn't respond, but he could tell she was crying despite her not facing him. "Please... I'm sorry." He stared at her back and followed a water drop as it slid across her skin.
"Butch... I really loved you... I had since middle school, but you never really noticed. I- I thought maybe I was getting somewhere when we hooked up, but instead... the opposite." He walked forward again and stood at the edge of the jacuzzi.
"Do you still love me?" He sounded hopeful and leaned closer to her.
"God knows I shouldn't..." He swallowed the nervous lump in his throat.
"But do you anyways?" She whimpered quietly but nodded, tears sliding down her face. Butch pulled off his jacket, shirt, and pants and stepped into the hot water behind her.
"Good." He whispered in her ear and pulled her to his chest, hands on her small waist. "Now tell me where that scar came from." He could feel her heartbeat speed up against his chest and she hesitantly nodded.
"I- Before I became a secret agent for the CIA, I needed money fast to at least get somewhere to live and food for both me and Rika, so I..." She stopped for a moment and Butch kissed her neck, causing her to gasp lightly.
"It's okay." He felt her heartbeat speed up more and smiled, his nose buried in her wet hair.
"I didn't do any, but I sold drugs to people on the street. I didn't want to, but I couldn't just raise her on the streets! -" Butch kissed the top of her head and pulled her closer to him.
"It's okay." She nodded and continued.
"I guess it was a drug deal gone wrong... I was expecting one person, but a whole group of guys came with antidote X weapons. I honestly don't know how I got out of it alive... I guess they wanted everything free and thought I would just give it to them. I managed to fight off most of them, but one of them stabbed me while my guard was down. That's actually how I got my job at the CIA. My boss's son shot the guy and saved me. He got me a job as an agent and I was trained from there." The green ruff didn't say anything but kissed her neck and shoulders.
"It's okay." He nipped her left ear and she flinched.
"Butch what are you doing?" He buried his face in the crook of her neck.
"Showing you that I care." She took a deep breath and let it out.
"Butch, you have a girlfriend." He kissed her neck again and moved his hands to her hips.
"Had a girlfriend. I only dated her because I couldn't have you. We broke up before I came over here." With that, Buttercup turned around in Butch's arms and bit her lip lightly.
"Do you love me?" He looked deep into her vibrant green eyes filled with fear. He pulled her closer and slid his hands to the top of her ass.
"I do. I love you Buttercup." He smiled genuinely as she flashed him a real smile, her eyes twinkling with happiness for the first time in years.
"You do? For real?" He smiled and moved one hand to her cheek.
"Yes, for real." She leaned up slowly and he closed the distance between them, gently kissing the mother of his child and the only girl he really loved. He lowered her back against the side of the jacuzzi and leaned over top of her, deepening the kiss.
She lightly bit his lip, urging him to open his mouth. Butch happily obliged and leaned in closer as her tongue ran over his. He let his tongue play with hers and she let out a pleasured moan, grabbing the back of his head to deepen the kiss. He let his hands slide back down to her ass and squeezed it roughly, pulling her into him so she could feel just how much he cared about her.
The woman under him purred and flipped him over so he was under her. She was panting, her light eyes dark with lust. The green puff leaned down to kiss him again, both hands in his hair. Butch ran his hands up and down her sides, finally letting them grab at her ass again. She pulled away and started to kiss his neck, sliding her hands down to his well built abs. He licked his lips as she moved against him, but he wasn't about to let her take the lead in this.
Butch lifted her by her ass and slid her back under him. He moved his hands up her stomach and let them rest on her chest, eliciting a moan from the raven haired woman. He began to kiss down her neck and bit her collarbone, then proceeded to suck on the same spot. Buttercup whimpered and grinded her hips to his. He pulled away immediately and locked eyes with the woman he loved.
"Are you sure?" She looked uncertain at first, but nodded.
"As long as you actually love me... I'm on the pill this time so I won't get knocked up either." Butch smiled at the young beauty beneath him and kissed her passionately, but she pulled away.
"Wait. I don't wanna have to clean the hot tub later so let's just do it on the hammock." The large man looked to the side to see a large hammock that would easily fit the both of them. He smirked and picked up the green puff, who squealed in excitement. He laid her down on the hammock and gently got on top of her. Buttercup, tired of waiting, pulled his lips to hers and wrapped her legs around his waist.