Chapter 4

Chapter 4

AN: More drama! Hope you enjoy the chapter and thank you to all my faithful readers!!

Butch flew around the city keeping an eye out for the beautiful woman who had run out of the restaurant. He knew that was his kid. The sound of heartbroken sobs came from the park. It only took a glance to tell it was her. He had always hated seeing her cry.

As he got closer, he could almost feel the heartbreak radiating from her.

"Buttercup, I know it's you." She continued to cry, refusing to look up. Butch sat down on the bench next to her and pulled her face into his chest, letting her cry. Her arms wrapped around him and he returned the gesture, glad to hold the girl he loved in his arms again.

"Buttercup. That's my kid, isn't it?" She pulled away to look him in the eyes.

"Butch I'm sorry-" He clenched his jaw. He missed out on four years of her life.

"What the fuck Buttercup? Why the hell didn't you tell me?" Her face scrunched up and she looked away from Butch before answering.

"We weren't dating! I didn't want you to be stuck with me because of a baby you didn't even want!" Butch looked at her angrily.

"You could've at least given me the choice! Maybe I did want the kid! Damnit Buttercup! You faked your death and everything just so you wouldn't have to tell anyone you were fucking pregnant! Everyone thought you were dead while you were actually raising their niece they didn't even know about! She was right! You are a coward! I actually loved you! I wouldn't have hesitated to raise that kid with you! Now because of you, I've missed out on four years of her life!" He glared at her the whole time. He only stopped when tears started falling down her face.

"I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have kept her from you guys. I know I'm a fucking coward for running away. That doesn't even matter now! She wants to stay with you guys so you have the rest of her life to get to know her! Yo-you get to have her n-now! You can j-just go back to pretending I'm de-dead because I'm going back ho-home! Find her a new Mom wh-who might do a bett-er job for her!" He felt his chest clench at the sight of Buttercup, the toughest fighter, crying in front of him. She turned her back and started to walk away without another word.

He wanted to call out to her, but his voice was caught in his throat. His jaw clenched as she disappeared into the crowded city streets. Butch snapped out of his daze at the sound of his phone ringing.

"Hey."

"Hey Butch, did you ever find Buttercup?" Brick's voice sounded from the other line.

"Yeah, but I freaked out on her. She ran off again."

"Butch why hell would you do that?" Brick yelled through the phone at his brother.

"Brick that's my kid and she never even told me she existed! She faked her own death! Why shouldn't I be mad at her!" There was a brief silence before Brick spoke again.

"Wait. She's yours?" Butch continued to stare at the street that Buttercup disappeared on.

"Yeah she's ours. Brick I have to go find her, I'm scared of what she's going to do." Brick was quick to protest his choice.

"Butch no! Wait for us to come help you! Where are you right now!" Butch calmed down and sat on the bench.

"I'm at the park."

Brick hung up the phone and looked to the group.

"He lost her. Butch found out he was the dad and he went off on her. I guess she got upset and ran from there. We have to find her." Rika pulled her face from the professor's shoulder and looked desperately to Brick.