Chapter 3

Chapter 3

AN: So this is where the drama starts, so brace yourselves and enjoy the chapter!

Buttercup stumbled back but Mitch caught her.

"Hey, are you okay?" His voice sounded distant and she started to breathe quicker.

"No... No I can't do this yet..." She mumbled under her breath, but the five super powered people in front of her could hear it clearly with their enhanced hearing.

"What's wrong? What can't you do? You don't have to do anything." Boomer tried to talk to her, but she continued to panic.

"I-I can't do this..." Rika hugged her mom, fearing there was something wrong with her.

"Mommy, what's wrong? It's okay I'm back, we can meet our family now!" Buttercup's eyes widened at the mention of family and her face drained of color. Butch helped her into a seat so she wouldn't collapse.

"Rika I'm sorry. I thought I could do this, but I really can't." The sweet little girl's worried face turned to an angry one that looked way too much like Buttercup's for anyone's comfort.

"But you said I could meet my family! Don't make me pay because you're a coward!" The woman's face visibly dropped and her eyes filled with a mix between anger and hurt.

"You really think that of me..? You really see me as a coward?" The blonde woman started to tear up and put her daughter down.

"Rika don't call me a coward because I'm not! You don't understand! I risk my life every day to make sure you can have the best life possible! Why can't you appreciate what I do for you?" The young girl looked defiantly at her mom and yelled at her.

"If you weren't a coward why can't you let me meet my family! Everyone else in my preschool class has a mom, a dad, an aunt, an uncle, a grandma, and a grandpa! All I have is a mom that won't even let me meet the rest of my family!" Buttercup flinched and all the anger that was there before was replaced with hurt.

"I just don't want you to pick them over me... Rika, you're all I have." The young girl continued to glare at her mom.

"You're all I have too and that's the problem! I want more of a family than just you!" Everyone around them froze in shock that the seemingly sweet girl would just say something so awful to her her mom who obviously loves her so much. They looked from the angry girl to her mom, who had tears building up in her eyes. Everyone was surprised when the tears dried up and she returned her daughter's glares with one of her own.

"Look Rika, I can't stay here! Do you really want to meet your family just to have to leave again?" The young child held her mother's glare.

"No! I want to meet my family and not leave!" Buttercup flinched again.

"You would seriously rather live here with your family you haven't even met than with me? Am I really that bad?" The girl didn't seem to be phased by her mom's change in attitude.

"Yes! All I want is a normal family, but you refuse to let me have that!" The woman looked away from her daughter's angry glare and wiped quickly at a tear that fell down her face.

"You've already met your family Rika. I'll leave you to them. You'll be safer here anyways. Sorry I couldn't be a half decent mom to you." Buttercup turned and ran out of the restaurant, leaving her daughter with her family. Everyone stood frozen in shock from the situation. Butch was the first one to speak.

"That was Buttercup. I know it was." He immediately flew after her, leaving the rest of the family to stare at the little girl who was undoubtedly Buttercup's daughter.

"When did Buttercup have a kid?" Boomer was the first to ask.

"That's why she ran away... Oh my god, she ran away and faked her death because she didn't want us to find out she was pregnant!" Blossom's eyes widened as she explained the situation. Bubbles looked down to Buttercup's shocked child.

"Who's her dad though? She looks exactly like her." Bubbles looked to Mitch inquisitively after asking the question. He caught on and held up his hands in defense.

"I swear it wasn't me! We were strictly friends!" The professor was still in shock that his supposedly dead daughter was alive and had a daughter of her own.

"I'm a grandpa?" All the attention turned towards the professor, including Rika's.

"I guess I'm your granddaughter. It's nice to meet you. I'm Rika Utonium." The professor's eyes widened at the last name.

"I'm John Utonium, but you can call me grandpa or professor. It's nice to meet you." She smiled and gave him a hug.

"I guess I'll be living with you from now on!" The professor froze and looked to his other two daughters who looked as guilty as he did.

"Rika. Your mom loves you so much... You're really okay with just leaving her?" The professor tried to reason with the little girl, but she didn't seem to be too torn.

"Of course! I have so much more family here!" The professor looked at her sadly.

"I get that, but did you think about how this makes your mom feel? Don't you think she's going to be sad?" The girl shrugged and looked defiantly to her grandfather.

"She didn't care about how I felt when she didn't introduce me to my family." The professor looked her in her eyes.

"Rika, where do you think you are now? She left you here because you said you would be happy here. You don't really think she wanted to leave you here do you? I know my daughter well even though I haven't seen her in five years. She doesn't cry unless she really cares about something. You mean everything to her and she's willing to give that up for you to be happy. Please just think about what you're doing to her by staying here." The raven haired girl's eyes widened and looking back, her mom did everything for her.

"Oh my gosh! I was so mean to her!" The little girl latched onto the professor and started crying.

"We need t-to find her!" The professor and everyone around her looked at each other sadly.

AN: Oh no! Where did Buttercup go? Will they find her? If they do, what's going to happen? Keep reading to find out!