Chapter 1

Chapter 1

AN: Okay, so the last chapter was just for the background leading into the story. Enjoy the first chapter!

Buttercup squatted behind a large crate in a warehouse, loading a handgun. She was clad in a tight black bodysuit and black combat boots which were concealing a ridiculous amount of gadgets and weapons. Her long black hair was tied into a tight ponytail to keep it out of her face.

The sound of footsteps echoed in her ears and she didn't need to see who it was to know they wanted her dead. She was in the enemy's hideout after all.

Her breathing quieted and she peeled out from behind the crate. Without waiting for him to see her, she made her shot, getting him right between the eyes. She smirked at her success and used her enhanced hearing to hear if there was anyone else nearby. Once she was sure it was clear, she ducked out of her hiding spot and quickly ran down the hall she knew would lead her to their control room. With her gun cocked and loaded, Buttercup turned the corner, only to see that yet again, it was all clear.

In her four years of spywork, she knew this was too easy not to be a trap. She heard a very quiet click from above her and wasted no time shooting into the air vent, killing the man who was about to ambush her.

Quick to move on, she took a few more turns, taking out a few more henchmen before finally reaching the control room. The raven haired agent tapped her earpiece.

"I made it to the control room, how many people are in there?" Almost immediately, a female voice sounded from the other side.

"It's showing 12 heat signatures. Think you can handle it or do you need backup?" The young spy pulled a face before answering.

"Iris, since when have you known me to need backup?" Without waiting for a response, Buttercup threw a punch that broke a hole through the heavily locked door and threw in a flashing device. After putting on a pair of black sunglasses, she broke off the rest of the door. The device emitted a blinding light that her sunglasses protected her from. The twelve people in the room couldn't see anything as Buttercup inserted a tiny jump drive into the main computer. She knocked out the man behind her with a hard elbow to his temple and started to hack into the computer database.

A smug look crossed her face as the information began to download. She felt a rough hand on her shoulder and didn't hesitate to pull a knife and stab him, all in one motion. The man dropped and everyone else in the room started to recover from the light.

Refusing to leave the computer, Buttercup kicked the unconscious man in the rolling chair at a person approaching her, stalling him until she could shoot at the other man coming at her. She threw a knife at a woman who had cocked a gun in her direction, landing in the center of her chest. She punched the man she had stalled from earlier in the chest, making him drop and threw him at another guy who was about to pull an alarm. She followed up with a shot between his eyes to be safe and broke the next offender's nose with the but of her gun before slamming it once again into his head. She pulled out two more throwing knives, taking out two of the henchmen at the same time and elbowed a woman who came behind her in the chest before turning around to slash her throat with a knife. She ducked a punch from one of the last two workers and swept his legs from under him, bringing her heel down mercilessly on his face. To finish up her job, she shot the last woman and turned to see that everything was conveniently downloaded.

Buttercup grabbed the jump drive and tapped her earpiece.

"See, didn't even break a sweat. What's the best way outta here?" Buttercup stayed alert as she waited for the easiest route out.

"Okay, take the next left, but be quick, there are two guards by the exit. You're going to want to make sure they don't make too much noise since a nearby room has a whole group of people in it." The young woman smirked and moved quickly down the hallway she was directed towards. Before getting to the guards, she turned herself invisible and threw two knives, one for each of the unsuspecting guards.