Chapter 32

>Quinn<

      Merlock and I pointed our horses to Krow. I felt powerful, and very much awake. He kept throwing me glances. But, knew that I wouldn’t leave him for he knew where my friends were. After a couple hours of silence he finally spoke, “How did you get cured?”

       “Oh, I died,” I replied glancing his way. He looked surprised at my answer, and then he laughed.

       “Seriously Quinny,” he smiled.

      “Call me Quinny, and I’ll cut your tongue out.” I replied throwing him a mean glance.

      “So what really happened?”

      “I told you. I died then came back to life,” I smiled to myself. I expected a remark out of Merlock but instead he looked worried. We stopped talking. We rode through the night, and the next day. We arrived in Krow as the sun prepared to set. Two guards took the horses. Merlock grabbed my arm and led me into the castle. I thought he was going to take me to the throne room, but he walked by it. Instead he led me into the tower I was in the first time. We walked quietly and quickly up the stairs. The door had more locks on it. He took a ring of keys off the wall, and undid the locks. Merlock pushed me into the room gently. The room was cleaner and prettier.

 The large bed was circular, and under the window. The sheets were white. The cover blanket a deep magenta. The pillows were in a multitude, and had lighter magenta covers. The window had a steel frame, and stain glass. It showed my crest, the A with an arrow through it. Red drapes were over the walls. There were large armchairs in the room as well. A chandelier hung from the ceiling. There was a vanity with jewelry on it. And a wardrobe filled with lovely dresses. I wasn’t one for dressy clothes but I admired their beauty. There was a table in the room. Along one wall was a giant book case filled with many books in different languages. A wall had been built in the room. There was an opening in the wall that was covered with a cloth you could pull back. Behind the wall was a bathroom. There was a giant bathtub in that small room. I stood in the center of the bedroom.  “This is your new room,” Merlock said happily. “I designed it and filled it with anything you could want.”

         “Yet, I am locked inside,” I said without looking at him.

         “Till we trust you completely don’t worry Quinny it won’t take long,” Merlock smiled. I shot him a murderous look. He smiled happily. “Your servant will be up soon. Don’t worry I’ll visit every day I can.” With that he left. I sunk into one of the chairs with a sigh. I buried my face in my hands. The room was beautiful, but I didn’t want to be stuck in a room all day. Not to mention I had died and come back to life. I mean that just isn’t something you forget. I felt a hand on my shoulder.  I looked up into the face of a young girl. She floated in the air. Her hair was a light brown with blonde highlights they were ringlets. Her eyes were brown framed with thick lashes. Her face was small, and heart shaped. She wore a dress of black with a white apron.

               “I am Greken. I know your friend Sam. No worry you trust me,” she smiled. Greken’s accent was extremely thick. Her language was broken, and sloppy.

                “I am Quinn,” I replied.

               “I will draw bath, you clean. Then you eat, and then sleep.” Greken walked into the bathroom. I heard the bath fill as I eased my shoes off. My feet were swollen. I walked into the bathroom as Greken left. A large towel sat by the tub, as well as a velvet green dress. My stomach had a pink slice through it. As I traced it my finger felt as if it were on fire. It was there to remind me to be careful. I climbed into the steaming bath. There were lilac petals so that the water had an aroma. The temperature was perfect. I dunked my head in the water to clean my hair. When I was finished I dressed in the soft dress. Greken motioned for me to sit on the stool in front of the vanity. She took up a comb and began to comb my hair.