Chapter 4

>Annette<    

     I had watched the whole thing. I had been watching her for awhile now. It made me laugh how easily she had out jousted my man. I had finally cached a glimpse of her blonde hair.  A strand had come out and was blowing in the wind. Her hair was very distinguishable.  Her strokes in a fight were clean and strong. She could’ve killed my soldier twice. He let anger rule his actions. Quinn defended a little boy. I could see clearly the horse floating in air, and Quinn’s open hand. Telekinesis. I heard my guard’s gruff voice, and the door opened. Quinn was pushed in.

      “Have a seat.” I invited. She sat. I saw her sky blue eyes tracing the room. Quinn's eyes showed panic, but her face was set. Quinn had blonde hair, blue eyes that sparkled they were framed by thick dark eyelashes; she was tanned by days spent in a forest, a tall figure, with long legs.  I saw her evaluating the carriage, looking for escape or weak spots. I saw her long fingers were placed over her arm. Wounded in a fight? “Did you get in a fight? May I have a look at your wound?” I shuddered why I was repeating myself. Probably because I am so nervous right now. One wrong word and she could squash me without lifting a hand. Quinn didn't say a word; she gave me a distrustful look, but lifted her hand gently. My stomach squeezed at the sight. It ran from her bicep to her elbow. The wound was very deep, dried blood caked the edges. I moved for a better look, Quinn moved away. That brought on a fresh flow of blood. She flinched, but still said nothing. “Do you mind if I tie something over it?” Quinn shook her head, no. I brought a silk handkerchief out of my gown.  

         “You don’t have to use silk.” Quinn said. Then quickly added,”Princess.”

          “It's all I have.” I told her. I gently wrapped it around the wound and tied a firm knot. 

           “Thanks, you’re Highness.”

               “Nothing to it. Please just call me Anna.” I said.

                “Will do.” Quinn smiled, but her expression was still guarded. “Why do you want to see me?”  I had set up a number of tests to make sure she could handle my mission. These included: courage, fight and weapon skill, loyalty, and honesty. She had passed courage and weapon skill. She passed those when she shot the assassin.  

            “Can I ask you some questions before we get to that?”

             “I have some of my own. A trade. I will answer all your questions but you must answer mine.”  I had never had someone speak to me like that.  I liked the firm sound of her voice. 

              “Perfect. What's your name?” 

               “Q.”

               “Q?”

               “Yes.”

               “Alright. So what’s your real name?” I asked. She frowned her distrust grew I could tell. Her usual white aura was tinted with orange. Orange was the color for distrust. Should I mention I could see auras? I was curious to her honesty. She raised an eye brow.

                 “Quinn,” She raised her chin defiantly. Honesty.  

                 “I thought so!” I was faked surprised.

                 “Why do you know so much?” still defiant. Her eyes were a fiery anger. Now her aura was spinning with red.