Day Twelve: What is love?

For once in my life, I’m kind of stuck on this topic. A bit lost for words really.

I guess I can’t really describe love, without failing somehow. It’s not really something that you can describe because, cliché as it sounds, love is something that you feel inside you.

Love is that nervous feeling in your stomach when your other half says they love you. It’s when they stand up for you, and defend your honour without even having to ask them. It’s when they risk being beaten to a pulp to protect you. 

Love is that uplifting feeling that they bring you when they smile at you, or laugh at your lame jokes. It’s when they offer to cook or do the dishes for you. 

Love is when they’re willing to sacrifice their dreams to be with you, when they make you smile and forget about all the things that are happening in your life, if only for a short amount of time. 

Love is when you can spend the whole day with them, and at the end of it, it only feels like a few hours have gone by. It’s when you feel like a part of you is missing when you’re away for too long, it’s when they promise to stick by you, no matter what. 

Love is when, even though they’re not there, the thought of them makes you the happiest person alive. It’s when they manage to make your blood boil with anger, and yet one look, one word, and you forgive them.

Love is when you sacrifice things for them, and when you suffer in silence so they don’t have to see you hurt. It’s when they pour their hearts out to you and feel no shame.

Love is when you can act like a complete dork and they accept you for it. It's when they accept your obsessions and love you for it. It's when you can spend hours and hours talking about anything from the existence of unicorns, to whether or not Wolverine is able to procreate.

Love, when you mean it, and when you find it with the right person, is unconditional. 

I guess that’s the best way I can describe it really.  

But this song describes it pretty well too: Song on the side!

"You And I" Avalanche City

If you had an empty suitcase

I’d help you to pack it tight

And if you were afraid of darkness

Well I would stay till it was light

If you were a supermodel

I would help you lift your bags

I’d push those paparazzi’s over

So you could get inside your cab

If you found your toothpaste empty

I would squeeze out just a little more

And if you had the sweetest victory

I’d high five you till our hands were sore

If you were scared and worried

I would keep you safe and sound

If you were addicted to fabric

You could fill a whole room in our house

If we climbed the highest tree top

And you said you couldn’t climb back down

I would build the finest tree house

For our new life above the ground

And when you smile at me so sweetly

I love what happens in your eyes

When they open up to me my darling

It’s all I need and it’s so right

Oh I have got a thousand reasons

For you to come away with me

The more I look the better you seem

And I hope that in your heart you see

Cause I believe that you are all I want

Cause I believe that you and I belong

Frankie