Day Ten: Your siblings

My beautiful and troublesome twins, Raphael and Theia, you guys are the perfect example of those Rugrat twins on TV, but I love you both to bits.

Dear Raph,

My lovely little brother, I remember the first moment Mum and Dad took you guys home and you started crying the second they walked in the threshold, you were a loud little bugger. I honestly could not stop getting a look at you every time you slept in your little cot, mainly because apart from Noah and Henry I never knew any other little boys and then bam, here I am suddenly living with one. I thought that since you were a boy, I could treat you like I did with Hen and Noh, but I realised I couldn’t when I tried to get you to draw with crayons and you stuck one in your mouth when you were teething, I got my crayons taken away because of you.

It was hilarious when you were growing up, we’d have the funniest arguments. You being the only boy would usually feel left out right? So I remember when you were I think nine and me and Thei were talking about ‘girl stuff’ and you just came and joined us acting like you were one of us, funniest day. You were always a weird little boy, always a lot more feminine. But I guess you have your two sisters to blame for that huh?

We all thought that you’d change completely when puberty hit, but seems like you’re coping pretty well little guy. You’re still the same old Raph I knew, a bit more grown up and a bit bigger now, but nonetheless, you’re still itty bitty little Raffy.

You’re the best brother I could ask for, cheeky, funny, a ball of fun. I could never ask for a better one, honest, I’ve got your back Raph, you know that, now and always and I miss you little buddy! It feels weird not hearing you and Thei argue every day and it feels weird not seeing you guys every morning, night and afternoon either.

Lots and lots of love,

Fran Ban Ban

Dear Thei-Thei,

My lovely, sweet baby sister, you’re like a perfect example of the delicate princess that you hear about in stories. You’re my baby sister and I’d do anything for you. You were the cutest little girl when you were smaller, the pigtails, the skirts, the frilly dresses, the complete opposite of me pretty much. But somehow we managed to get along.

I must admit though, there was a stage in my life when I was jealous of you, you know, for being the girly one and the one that everyone ran to when you started crying, I admit it, it made me angry sometimes. But I grew out of it, I realised that’s just what kind of person you were, you have that ‘damsel in distress’ aura about you, and it’s alluring to say the least. Use it to your advantage Thei.

You’ve grown up now though and you’re still as graceful and lovely as ever, I don’t think you’ll ever grow out of it. Don’t let Raph beat you down about the being older than you by one hour thing, just let him win, he’s a guy, you know how they get!

You’re honestly the best sister, I know you’ll turn out to be an amazing woman, just keep your head up and your shoulders back, and no matter what, just keep smiling. I miss you sis, I really do. But I guess I had to move out sometime.

Lots and lots of love,

Franny Bananny