Day Eleven: A quote you try to live by

I actually have so many quotes that I live by, but I guess the one that really made the biggest impact to me was this one.

The more you are like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique – Walt Disney

Basically, this quote helped me so much throughout my teenage years in particular, especially when I was trying to find myself and figure out who I really am as a person. I guess you could say that I am still trying to find myself, I mean you never stop finding out who you really are, you constantly change and you will always change during the years, but the key thing to keep in mind is; is it representing you in any way, shape or form?

Never ever try to be something you’re not. That one little quote, said by Disney himself, reveals so much. With the media today, everyone is finding it harder to find themselves and figure out who they truly are. I don’t think anyone really knows who they are until they are wise enough, and even then, that’s really when you’re past your prime most of the time.

Don’t ever try and fit yourself into what society perceives as ‘perfection’ or ‘beauty’, because no matter who you are, no matter where you’re from, no matter what you’ve lived through, you are perfect, and you are beautiful. It’s not about the outside, it’s about what’s inside, what’s in your heart. If you’re full of greed and hate, anger, bitterness, but absolutely stunning on the outside, it doesn’t make you beautiful. If you have to act maliciously to be beautiful or alter yourself to be beautiful on the surface, then you’re not beautiful on the inside.

True beauty is when someone accepts who they are and the person they’ve become and likes them for it. They accept themselves, and don’t act bitterly towards others if something bad is said about them. They carry themselves with grace, and strive to be different, they take advantage of their imperfections and don’t try and fit into the perfect mould that people have created.

So I guess what I’m saying is, I try to live by this quote in my life, by trying to be my own person. I don’t change myself for others and I don’t do things just because it’s what everyone else is doing it too. It took a long time for me to gain my individuality and find my own voice, but now that I have, I’ve seen the huge difference it makes in you, it gives you a brighter outlook on life and ultimately you become a happier person when you realise that your imperfections, are what makes you beautiful, because no one on earth is perfect.

Why try to be a carbon copy of some famous model or public figure when you can be yourself? After all, there's only one of you, so why not be original and stand out from the crowd, right?

Frankie