Chapter One

"I've succeeded in killing my brother," his cold voice whispers.

"Why exactly are you telling me?" I ask, dusting off my hands.

"Aren't I supposed to brag about my victories to my rival?" Sasuke raises a brow.

"I just finished burying my sister, Sasuke. I'm not in the mood to hear your tales," I sigh.

His onyx eyes roam the land, inspecting every grain of dust and dirt, until they rest upon a patch of earth that has been disturbed. The top layer of soil is lighter in colour than the rest of the earth that surrounds it, a ring of prayer beads resting atop the patch of earth. Bright green grass circles around the grave, as if marking the ground that life ends at the border of vegetation. For a moment, the Uchiha's smirk falters and life touches those cold eyes. But, in an instant, the coldness returns to Sasuke like a wynter coat that's meant to keep out warmth.

"You're my rival, I feel no sympathy for you."

"I did not request any such thing from you," I glare.

"No... You didn't," Sasuke mutters.

"I do one thing to ask of you, though."

"What would that be?" Sasuke scoffs.

"You're heavily wounded, Sasuke. With wounds that serious, you will not enjoy the taste of victory very long. I'm aware that you know that the Kuran clan was famous for our healing jutsu and not just for us fighting techniques. Please let me tend to your wounds. Even if it's for my rival, I don't feel like burying anyone else today."

"Yeah right! You'll probably just poison me. I'm not gullible, Kuran!"

"I can always do it by force, Uchiha..."

I feel my eyes activate, the two very different Sharingan eager to do my bidding. Mangekyou Sharingan thrives in my left eye while my right eye holds the Eternal Mangekyou. Sasuke looks at me with disdain, visibly displeased that my eyes are still more powerful than his. Before he has the chance to look away, I copy his genki kenki and then lure him into my Mind's Eye jutsu. I have it on the lowest setting, where the physical damage is minimal. His cold eyes go blank, but his smirk curls into a genuine smile. Though I hope he's enjoying his dream, I know better than anyone else that it's merely an illusion. I wait until his smile becomes a grimace and then an expression of pure horror before I move closer to him.

The proud Uchiha falls into my arms. Sinking to my knees, I pull off his attire and examine the multiple gashes and bruises.

"You may have killed Itachi, but he still managed to beat you nearly senseless. Stupid boy. Stop being so damn proud," I murmur and set to work.

When I'm finished, I redress him and sling him over my back. Thanks to a run-in with a pink haired ninja, I can channel my chakra quite nicely. Carrying him to the hut that Hana and I once shared, I lay him down on my cot since Hana's bed is riddled with illness. Fetching some rags, I dampen them with my water style and set them on his sweating forehead.

"Sasuke Uchiha... What is your truest dream?" I muse.

When his breathing returns to normal and he's fully bandaged, I make my leave.

"Goodbye, little rival of mine."